The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

giving autos a try

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a auto 2G with a shift box, once i past 40 mph it shoots straight past 100mph with no waiting of boost build up or delay with my car only has stage 2 and stock t25 turbo my car is very responsive with 3 inch catback with downpipe and no cat and the shift box makes this car a quick and fun car to drive. The huge potential it has is there, just need to fund it slowly and you will get there.

Banging gears is nice but there is nothing quite like the feel of constant boost through gears. My supra is an auto and once my opponent shifts the race is over.

IMG_7558.jpg

You should get a RoadSurge Shift box :) It has one key feature that makes driving with a shift box a little safer than others. You can actually set the downshift protection in each gear including from second to first. Downshifting at 4000 RPM into first gear causes catastrophe! Been there, done that! This is why I added that feature. You also don't have to send the box back for firmware updates. I can just send a new EEPROM and you can pop it right in.

just to give a quick summary and update where I'm at with the car, I purchased the car bone stock a few months ago with the intention of having a 11-10 sec car that I could drive in the street and keep it relatively cheap. I had the intention of having the car ready for Tx2k15 and at the time I didn't have a garage to work on it my self.

I ended up dropping off the car with a local member who also runs an auto and I figure who better than a guy that him self races an auto.
I am capable of doing most of the work but never messed with an auto and the OD was out. Long story short I ended up picking up the car in worst condition than I originally dropped off on. The trans bell housing completely had a ear broken off, the od front end clutched maybe lasted 10 miles, scratches on the paint etc... On top of all this issues I over paid!!! but anywho lesson re-learned! No one else will treat your car better than you.

I spent some time fixing all this issues and ended up flying out for work and didn't make the event.

my set up than was

Stock Head
Stock block
head studs
FMIC
Hx35 on Bolt on housing
and the rest of supporting mods

car would spool up very quickly and pull hard! I didn't get to launch it because I hated the fact that the bell housing was torn and also that my over drive was gone.

a few miles later the hx35 began to smoke and decided to send the turbo out to rebuild, this set off a chain of reactions...

this was the way I purchased the car

10451699_10205049411418675_8105668556326172872_n.jpg

Last edited:
Motor and trans are out
11990482_10207659284143862_2071834846086646894_n.jpg

Ran my fuel line last night. I was originally following a write up here that used the stock feed as the return and a -6an as a feed. I'm now thinking maybe I should go up to -8an for feed and use the -6an for the return.

for the converter I'm looking at the sinister core 2 but haven't made up my mind, there isn't a whole lot of reviews out there and I'm really trying to steer away from No2.

for the turbo I have an hx35 upgraded that will hopefully do enough to push me into the low 10s :hellyeah:

haven't received the turbo yet but hers a couple of pics

11910979_752816511495589_1403032074_n.jpg

11949737_752816498162257_1387288096_n.jpg

the compressor was upgraded to a billet 58mmx82mm wheel

my brother just bought a 1g auto to use as a swap which came with a FP Hta68 and the sinister stall. We tried launching it a few times and it did stall pretty good to 3200rpm but after that we couldn't hold the car. it launched pretty good but the difference between that turbo set up and mine may be a lot to compare.

Now for the fun part, I cant make up my mind on the block. I have 2 options, 1 is eagle rod, wiseco hd piston with kiggly girdle or a Aluminum rod block also fully built. There is a lot opinions as to why not use aluminum rods but frankly the car wont see more than a 1000 miles a year. I have both blocks at my hands the aluminum option is already fully assembled and the eagle rod option would have to be machined for the girdle and honed for new bearings and main studs.

I really would like some opinions on this but I do have some time before the car gets put together. I'm looking at the possibility to get the car painted and I think now that engine is out would be the best timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back