The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G GHS 95 GSX- No Spark- 6bolt with 2g head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gijoe985

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Grandview, Washington
Hello All,

It's be almost 2 years, but our 1995 GSX might be running soon. We've got a 2g head on a 6 bolt block. We haven't gotten everything on yet, but thus far I've noted that we have fuel, but no spark.

So, we're running a 1995 head. Is that possible? I cannot run a 1g CAS on that. How do I simulate the crank sensor signal with a 95 CAS? I'm googling answers. Seeing some instructions, but I feel like they are for 97+ heads.

Ok, I'm answering my own question here, looks like I CAN install a 1g CAS on my 95 head. So now I need to find a CAS! Can I get one from Oreilly's? I'll call and ask, but if I do, is there a better year to get? RRE said all 3 work, but I assume that the 93-94 one was the best.

Realistically, if someone can point me towards the simplest solution, that'd be my preference. I'd rather buy a harness than do a bunch of soldering at this point.

I’m in same boat I would suggest doing the same thing I’m doing I’ve got a thread up for a few days no one seems to be helping with these issues or no one knows seems but I would run your 95 cas and buy a kiggly 2 tooth crank trigger adapter this will allow u to put a crank trigger sensor on the 6 bolt block this will eliminate the need to rewire anything and all sensors will plug right in

But yes you will not have spark without crank sensor hooked up it’s bassically your engines way of saying hey I can’t run like this fix me and the kiggly trigger sensor seems to be the smoothest route to take the 1g cas will plague your car with random misfires I mean if your running link it’s no biggie but still kiggly route will let your car run the way a 2g is ment to

But yes you will not have spark without crank sensor hooked up it’s bassically your engines way of saying hey I can’t run like this fix me and the kiggly trigger sensor seems to be the smoothest route to take the 1g cas will plague your car with random misfires I mean if your running link it’s no biggie but still kiggly route will let your car run the way a 2g is ment to
Pretty much sums about what I was going to post, I run a 2G head with 6 bolt block. I used my 2GB (97-99) CAS, and bought the kiggly crank trigger sensor kit, everything connects the way it should no cutting, soldering etc which was my goal to avoid cutting the harness as much as possible. Only thing I would suggest is running a 2GB CAS but that's because I personally dislike where the 2GA one is located.

That's the one. You can also purchase them on extremepsi.com don't forget to get the oem sensor for it as well. This will only work if your balance shafts are eliminated. Just making you are aware

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back