The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ghost Stories.....booooooo!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisFlo

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Being that it is near Halloween, thought I'd see what kinda ghost stories are out there. Let's make them real personal experiences please, no boogyman or werewolf stories.

Here's mine:

Found out about this supposedly haunted house. Drove 45 mins to the middle of nowhere to find it, and the house fits the typical haunted house look. It's an A-frame, 4 story house, boarded up and vacant.

The story of the house is disturbing. Apparently a teenage girl lived there with her parents, and she was a drug addict. She was deeply depressed so she decided to commit suicide. She cut holes in the bottom of the first, second, and third floors, then knotted a rope through a door, and jumped, hanging herself.

Well I went with 6 people total, myself, three other guys and two girls. Two of the guys were particularly skeptical about it, saying it was "bullshit" and such, which I didn't much blame them for. I brought a camcorder and flashlights for most everyone. Anyways, we walk up to the house and I try the front door. It's unlocked. The second I step into the house, the camcorder, which was fully charged, presents a "no battery" picture, and it shuts off. This place is trashed, furniture upside down, broken glass, etc. So we head up to the second floor, then the third. I was talking to one of the girls when I hear, "SHUT UP!" from one of the guys that was skeptical. I look, and he is frozen near the stairs to the fourth floor. All the sudden, him and the other guy that was skeptical run down the stairs. Me and everyone else are like, what the hell??? So we book it out, I go up to them, they are in the car ready to drive off.

I ask them what happened and they both says they heard footsteps on the 4th floor. These guys are two of my best friends and would not mess with me. They were genuinely scared, but moreso cuz they thought they were gonna get shot by someone for trespassing.

So, me being the curious person I am, decided to go back in with the third guy and the two girls. The other guys would NOT go back in. So by the time i get to the fourth floor stairs, its basically me, and everyone else is waay behind me, just waiting for me to check it out. I headed up the creaky stairs, and opened the only bedroom door up there. Nothing. No one. While I don't have any hard evidence YET, there is something strange bout that house........

My Poppop passes away a little over 10 years ago and his ghost is in my Mommom's mobile home, I swore I seen him as a child. Every now and then, obvious things will go missing and then months later appear like in the middle of the kitchen table; just crazy stuff like that. Cabinets will be open and things will be re-arranged. Nothing scarey, I think it's kind of cool. My uncle also says he has the ghost of his grandmother, my Mommom's mom in his house. Many of my family members have seen her silhouette(sp?) pass by the walls and I was told she was always looking at a picture of someone they have in the house, but I cannot think of who it is. Anyway, happy halloween.

Right in my neck of the woods is the most haunted cemetary in the world

you might have heard of it...if not just google it, Pine woods/Forest Park Cemetery

i havent gone yet but i def plan too...just google it theres some messed up stuff about that place

My Grandmothers sister in law lives in a house that is haunted by a soldier. She swears she has seen him, I guess her husband as too. Im personally a little skeptical, yet affraid to find out myself. I guess he moves furniture during the night, and randomly flushes toilets.

Reminds me of a thread I started about my car being haunted.... hehe... Ive come to accept it was me though like 5 reflections, but its still creepy to look at.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118056&page=2&pp=25&highlight=haunted

-Nick

this isnt scary, but makes you wonder...
my dad passed away a year ago, and ever since collage hes had a 1975 Triumph tr6. it was his pride and joy, he treated it like a part of the family. ive driven it maybe 3 or 4 times since last year, and every time i get home, i shut it off, turn off the lights, lock it, and shut the garage door. so far, each time, i come out to find the headlights mysterialy turned back on. last time, bout a week ago, i shut it off, turned off the headlights, and walked up to my house, leaving the garage door open(garage that he built in the backyard, not the house garage). so its about 11 o clock, i look out the window and see the lights are on in the car again. so i decide oh well, hes playing tricks, and start walking down to the garage to shut the door and turn off the lights. then i stopped, because the lights turned off as soon as i started walking twoard the garage. haha it scared the crap out of me. sure i know, if anything, its my dad, messing around, but still it was pretty freaky. oh well, thats it

If any one lives in the Chicago land area...I'm sure every one's heard of Rainbow Road. Rainbow Rd is in barrington IL. Do a google search I promise you'll find things!

On Rainbow road, was the old Insane Aslyum! It was said to have been burnt down in like the 1920's or something. Also on RB rd there's a place called the "White Cementry"..If anyone's interested I gotta freaky experience there with my g/f and a few guys!...dan

OK these are all serious and really happened.
My uncle died back in 1995 he always wore a particular cologne that noone in my immediate family wears. Well my parents were sleeping in their bed about 4 months after he died and heard his laugh and smelled his cologne.

My wife was walking thru her house(this was when we first started dating) I have this unique print shirt that noone in their right mind would wear(except me) well she saw me in this shirt walk up to her door and knock on the door. I actually arrived 10 minutes later with her asking where I went and why I changed my shirt.

A rolling pin(for baking) rolled across the floor, and my dad got on me one time and told me to get it the F off the floor. I put it in a top drawer where they belonged. It rolled accross the floor not 5 seconds after I put it in this drawer.

Children laugh in my ear and say my name all the time, I get used to it, but the running shadows gets on my nerves. My children never call me by my name, and it's always in the middle of the night.

My dad had a conversation with someone this person my dad never saw, that explained my dads kids purpose on this earth, this was before me or my brother were born.

My wife has a specter/poltergeist that freaks her out and puts her into a state of frozen terror, but it escapes after I enter the room, but I usually see it(see the running shadows above)I must be more evil than it is, thats right bow down and recognize real evil. seriously dogs do not like me, except mine, actually now that I think about it , cats don't like me either.

you know that thing that you see out of the corner of your eye, I finally saw it head on in my head lights but didn't see anything but a grey mass the size of a bulldog.

I am pretty sure you can talley this as drug induced:
My wife was on some serious meds for her severe cramping(stomach thing that no doctor can diagnose) She told me the dogs had a conversation about who was going to jump up on the bed and wake her up, then said"shhhh she is awake now"

I always see those little red eyes in the corners of a dark room, then watch them as they scurry off.

I can talley this up as premonition:
My dad had a dream about me hood surfing in the school parking lot and getting run over, chewed my ass out 7 ways to sunday and made me promise that I'd never do that. Well that very day my bids were out doing that very thing, I refused, and My buddy hopped on, fell off and had his arm crushed by the front tire.

Never went into haunted houses, but bloody mary game used to scare the shit out of me.

edit
My grandfather laid dying in his bed back when I was in tech school, nov 1996, as he started his final breaths he started to speak to his old war buddies(WWII) who had come to get him. He never mentioned who they were to anyone even to my grandmother or my mom.

Me and my friends went to this house right in the corner of a neighborhood, i know your thinkin it cant be that scary if its next to houses.... but it IS! I mean we go up to it in cars, turn our high beams out, get flashlights and walk in....

First off, when you look at the ragedy 1 story house with no doors or windows, there is a WHEELCHAIR on the front porch, and it always looks like someone is sitting in it from far away, even when you move it to diff spots. When you get closer you can see like old diaries and news papers from the 60s and shit, outside, and totally in mint condition... some how. Anyways, when we went inside a friggin bird flew right at us chirping loud, then otu the door, normal, but freaky since its 3 am. We walk in and see blood stains on the walls, and magazines all over the floor. Walk past the bedroom and see a spot where it looks liek a head slammed into the door and left a huge hole. We left after that...

Not to mention there is a shed where no one will go thru, it always looks like someone is looking at you from far away... prolly just our imaginations

Anyways thats my story, im kinda drunk right now so oh well, mayb we will check it out this weekend :D :shhh:

I live about an hour away from Burkitsville, MD(yes the place of the blair witch thing). There is a road that goes through the town. On a part of this road close to a cemetary you can stop your car in the middle of the road, put it in neutral and you will slowly roll uphill. Given the slant of the hill is very minimal, but you can tell that there is an uphill slant. I didn;t believe my ex, and tried it. Freaked me the hell out. Then I did it a second time and walked along with the car. Just plain weird.

The story behind the reason that it happens (and I stress the word story) is that part of the civil war was fought through that part of Maryland and supposedly the dead soldiers push you up the hill.

Edit: Clever, aren't we Defiant? ;)

HTownGST said:
The story behind the reason that it happens (and I stress the word story) is that part of the civil war was fought through that part of Maryland and supposedly the dead soldiers push you up the hill.
Take a level out there with you, and I'll bet you'll find out it's the Newton Regiment. :rolleyes:

Theres a place call Coulter about 15 -20 minutes.....everything about this place is freaky. The "town" if you want to call it that is so old and worn and always dreary feeling...anyways There is this , what is supposed to be haunted house so me and my buddy decide to check it out....We didnt even get to the front door before we ran away like little girls..this was like 5 years ago...but still....just the feeling of being on this property and the fog and loud shrill sound that might not even be there ( weird ) just freaked us out and we ran.... Also this girl i knew whohad a house there told me two stories of her own...In her house now there was supposedly a girl who hung her self in this room just off of the kitchen. andnow its alwasy ice cold in that room no matter what you cant do anything to heat it up..

and the last and best.....in the same area there was a school bus full of kids that stalled on the train tracks and well you can guess what happend....as of now the train has since been dissconnected but if you cover your car with some sort of powder and stop on the track and turn your car off , abunch of little hand prints will appear in the powder as if tobe pushing you off of the tracks...Thats freaky....this coulter place just gives me the creeps. also i dont the story for this but theres a turn there nick named the "thirteenth turn" and some thing weird is supposed to happen there im not sure of what though :|

not scary but its a cool story....Ohio University is known for its haunted stories..they have an old insane asylum that housed ppl up until the 70's...just before it closed...they got everyone out and then locked all the cells permenently .....well...they forgot one girl....decades later they went back in to renovate the place and found an outline of her where her body decayed into fluids that stuck to the cement floor.....also..all the cemetery's in OU form a pentagram.......cant wait to go down for this years halloween bash...one of the biggest college parties in the nation...

another story....my great grandpa passed away when i was young..my mom was at my great grandmas house helping her pack all of his stuff to move....she pulled out some empty suitcases to put all of his clothes in....sat them on the floor...went downstairs to get a trash bag...came upstairs.....all the suitcases were full of his clothes and all the closets were empty...my mom and my disabled grandma who was downstairs were the only ones in the house

I thought of another good one.
We were driving down the road inbetween marietta and kennesaw, georgia. My son who was 4 was sitting in the back set of our suburban. Being a little kid and loving to look around he flips around towards the back and starts waving. My wife asks him who he is waving at, he says the guy in the car, well the driver starts waving back, and my son yells no I'm not waving at you I'm waving at the man next to you...... there was noone sitting next to the guy. Then for a month my son "talked" to various people that weren't there. Kinda creeped me out for awhile.

It is amazing how actually thinking about little things like missing keys sparks memories.
We have a ghost that likes taking things(the rolling pins on the floor was one of his best) well he takes things and moves them, but heres the catch you have to demand them back or you won't see them. My mom told me one about her being in her office getting things ready for another sleep study. There was a file she sat right out in the open, she dropped something, picked it up and right back to the file but it was gone, she searched everywhere for 15 minutes with nothing to show for it. Well she said "allright damnit give it back" then a lady popped her head in the door and said what, my mom turned around to answer her then flipped back looked at the desk and the file was sitting right on top of her now dis-sheveled desk.

I have things sit on my bed but nothing is actually there. footsteps on the stairs.
I had a good satanic story that actually happened. It was back in the 70's during the son of sam thing. Minot AFB North Dakota. There was a "satanic" cult thing going on, a guy named john carr who had something to do with the murders in new york was shot in the face with a rifle. he had the numbers 666 carved into his hands, My boss(when I was stationed there) james clifford, was a young fireman at the time and had the displeasure of helping the clean up. He said it was not a typical suicide, there were too may foot prints and the scene was too messy for one body there were ritual sacrifice of dogs and rumors of satanic orgies going on. Anyways now they cannot keep anyone in the newly renovated homes over there, people get spooked out of their minds and most don't even know the story, weird things happen to them like scratch mraks that appear out of nowhere. The house is very eerie, it is a duplex noone lives in either units.

Man, all these are really creeping me out. Anywho, here's an account I remember.

When I was younger, I went to youth group at church. Anywho, if anyone knows about youth they have lock-ins many-a-time. Anyways, I went one time and our youth minister had the brilliant idea of playing "sardines" in the sanctuary...in the dark...at midnight. Anyways, there were about 10-15 people that showed up and no one wanted to search alone, let alone hide first. Anywho, it's pitch black in 5000 square feet of nothingness. We keep hearing these knocks and taps on the wall inside, not outside, within the core of the sanctuary. This is extremely strange since this sanctuary was JUST BUILT. After the first person as found, she said she didn't want to hid again because she kept hearing things up there. On the next go around, we start going up the stairs, up to the 3rd set. In my group we're using my friend's indiglo watch as a guide since we're scared. "We've never been in here," one says, and points to the door to the left. So we approach the door slowly and open it. Everyone starts to back up. We see white figures EVERYWHERE. There were at least 7 in front of us, and we're like, "TURN ON THE LIGHTS, TURN ON THE LIGHTS!" Needless to say, they were baptismal robes and everyone sighed with relief. However, as I stated before there were about 7 lined up against the wall. But, when the lights were turned on, one of the figures wasn't present against the west wall, like it had disappeared.

Where I live now is said to be where Indians had settled a long time ago. When we first moved here, you could actually walk around and find arrow heads and spear heads in the ground, made of obsedian. There is a tree stump where it is said that the Indian cheif Red Cloud was burried, and if it should never be dug up.

This happens when I am just barely awake, like the few instances before one falls asleep. Never happens while I am awake. There are short brief visuals of Indian figures charging, either on foot or horseback, and swinging a weapon. My face actaully feels as if it gets pushed on by someone standing over my bed, and my head turns in the direction of which the blow is directed. These are always in black and white, and happen within fractions of a second. Never long enough for me to recognize anyone, just blurs. Like the movie 13 Ghosts, where the guy is walking around, and out of the middle of nowhere theres bright flashes and screams and you see something, but its so quick its hard to ID.

There are rumors of old Indian battles on the same area our house is located. Maybe thats why the Indians are always swinging or packing a weapon... very freaky stuff.

You should have seen this house by me, its in Post Falls, ID, its on one of those haunted houses websites. Anyways I had a friend take me to it cause she had been there many times before. I have never been so freaked out before. Heres the story, this guy lived in this house in the 70's, and he was a high school teacher. Well what I hear is he raped and killed a few girls from the school he worked at. And when the police found out it was him they went to his house to arrest him, but they ended up having a stand off with him. And he eventually tied a rope around his neck and jumped out his 2nd storie window hanging himself. So I go to this house one to take a look, and you I park next to the gate, and I have this girl with me. Well my hair is already raising, as with hers too. But we get out and jump over the gate, and walk into the middle of this field to see around the trees, and there it is. A white two story house with the 2nd storie window busted out, only 2nd storie window on the front of the house. It was the creepiest looking house, and being night time with a full moon probably didn't help. So we decided to leave and come back during the day. When we went back we actually went inside. You walk inside and everything is the way it was pretty much left in the 70's. All the furniture and shit like that. There were all these little porcelain animals and stuff, but all their head were broken off, and we found all these magazines from the 70's. And then when we went to go upstairs, you open the door and it made all this noise in the walls. There was a string attached to the door, and it went up stairs and then into a hole in the wall where all this stuff was tied to it and would make a lot of noise in the walls. And then you go to the window where he jumped out and the floor was all wavy from the water rought. Its the craziest thing I've seen. And then the girl I was with took a magazine from there. But thats a different story, we ended up returning the magazine because some weird things happened at her house that had her hole family scared, even her dad and he's the biggest guy I've ever seen. When we went back the house was boarded up, and just recently they tore it down. Some crazy stuff.

I also worked in this place, and I'm not even about to get into it, it brings back some messed up memories.

Lewiston - Lewiston Civic Theatre - Several years ago two girls were murdered in the theatre which used to be a church. Also that night the janitor disappeared and they still can't find him to this day. At night you can see the youngest girl climb up the stairs. She will also play tricks on you. There is also a phantasm there of a woman who was left at the altar when it was a church. You can see her roam through the seats crying. Also one of the old directors who passed away will sometimes come in late at night and sit down to watch a play. Strange feeling can be felt all around.

I went and stayed in the Biltmore hotel last year in Coral Gables (Miami area). It was built as a hotel in the early twenties. Durring World War II it was converted to a hospital by the War Department. Many of the windows were sealed with concrete, and the marble floors covered with government issue linoleum. It remained a VA hospital until 1968. It was abandoned for over 10 years. In 1983 they spent over 55 million to restore it for use as a hotel. Al Capone's bodyguard Fats Walsh, was murdered there. Some bride on her wedding night jumped off a balcony and some child wonders around the golf course. When we got there the digital camera and laptop died and would not work. I took pictures with a disposible camera and only 6 of the 32 came out. We "explored" for hours. We found a few room doors would just open up. OMG Our bathroom door would open up durring the night.....

There's an indian Graveyard across my street up this hill and through the woods..ill get pics of the hill and woods but i wont go to the graveyard well maybe well see...

EDIT* Ok the first pic is the hill across the street up atthe top you can see the woods , barial grounds are up there and the second is where i took it from justnext to my gsx, and the thrid is just a shot of the gsx imean this is still a car forum right ? LOL

and maybe ill get up to the barial grounds for some good pics...MAYBE :thumb:

Attachments

• 000_0976.JPG
    000_0976.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 523
  • 000_0977.JPG
    000_0977.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 517
  • 000_0978.JPG
    000_0978.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 508
I used to work at a nursing home in South Dakota. One of the residents was a favorite of everyone, he couldn't really talk at all, but he would always mess around with people, he liked to have fun.
Well when he died, and we were cleaning out his room I swear he started playing tricks on us. Little things, like we pulled all the socks out of one drawer and laid them on the bed. But seconds later some of the socks were gone, and we found them in various places throughout the day.

Defiant said:
Take a level out there with you, and I'll bet you'll find out it's the Newton Regiment. :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone here really gets what you mean!! LOL :laugh:

I used to live in Winona, MN where I went to college, if you look up Winona you will find there are two places where recorded hauntings take place. One is Lourdes Hall, a dorm at Winona State, where I lived for two years and have more stories about then I can remember. And also a place at St. Mary's called Hefferan Hall, where a priest had to be brought in to clear a ghost, this one is a good story that is also well documented. I can say fist hand though that from what I have experienced most ghosts are either confused, lonely, or just having fun with you. I only had an experience once with one that was not so friendly, and lets just say I don't think I will ever be the same....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back