The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

getting rid of rear talon lettering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGdsmNewb

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
I want to improve the look of my rear tails, but i dont want to just black out the entire back. Is there a plastic piece i can get to go over the talon lettering / light bar or would i have to tin it. I want juust the two side rear lights to be seen, i think it looks fugly with the middle light

take out the center section and have it painted the same colour as your car, here's a pic of mine.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

RGdsmNewb said:
Is there a plastic piece i can get to go over the talon lettering / light bar or would i have to tin it. I want juust the two side rear lights to be seen, i think it looks fugly with the middle light
It's not even a light or a reflector. Kind of a gyp.

Holy N/T eclipse wing Batman!!!

Oh yeah, blacked out looks the best IMO as long as its legal where you live.

hmm i can't tell if i like that or not. My car is black so maybe ill just tint them with vht nightshades i dunno. What color is the plastic stuff once u take it off

This is from a thread on here. I couldn't find it again so since I had it saved I just uploaded it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I want to do the same, but is there a way to pry the letters off? or do u have to sand everything down? I wanted to tint it darker but keep a slight redness and then tint the yellow turn signals a lil darker too.

The guy in the picture still has his on. Ive tried a little with my fingernail to get mine off and thinking they are molded in to the piece. You would probable have to sand them off.
Sanding off letter=PITA=Not worth it.

Hi, I have a 92.5 Laser RS - T. I wanted to remove all of the letters on my rear bumper for a more shaved look. I started by using a very, very sharp (be careful!) chisel and slowly lifted a corner of each letter off until I could peel the whole letter off. I worked my way down the line removing all of the letters. Then used a plastic scrapper to remove the excess glue. Cleaned and waxed and power buffed about five times, with no signs of any letters ever being there. The whole trick is to just go slow and be meticulous and it looks awesome & smooth!
Robert
[email protected]

Wherestheboost said:
I want to do the same, but is there a way to pry the letters off? or do u have to sand everything down?
They're molded in. I don't recall anyone smoothing them off.

Do not use "u" for "you" on this board.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back