The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Getting pissed --- Front Turn Signals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incredible_Culp

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
Ok, well my front turn signals do not work..

The back does..

Hazards work (in the back)..

Front corner lights are on, but when i put on the blinker -- they dont blink.

The fuze is fine and so is the bulbs (given the fact they come on, but dont blink)

Ive tried everything i can think of -- non ghetto splicing wire way -- coming from a Honda, thats all i did to get things to work LOL -- i dont wanna do the same to the talon.. wanna do it the right way..

Any suggestions..?? im just confused that the bulb it self comes on when i turn my lights on, but they just dont blink when i use the signal..

Check the dimmer switch position.

I have leds in my corners, and sometimes when I bump the dimmer switch the corners will stay on, or not light up..Bump the switch again, bamm they work.

do the ambers use a double fillerment to use both side markers and turn signal? if they do check to make sure you have the right bulb? only thing i can think of at the moment with out knowing wires etc etc

My post says check the dimmer switch..With why to check it, because the switch is finiky.

oh ok.. my mistake.. ill check it

I had the same problem make sure your hazzard switch is plugged in

where would that be? under the steering column?

do the ambers use a double fillerment to use both side markers and turn signal? if they do check to make sure you have the right bulb? only thing i can think of at the moment with out knowing wires etc etc

yea there is two bulbs coming from one stand.. one goes to the amber corner and the other goes to the clear front one

Thats what i meant then LOL

Well, either way nothing is blinking..

I checked the wires and all seems securely attatched..

Im stumped

Pull the front turn sockets off the connector. Go key on and hit the hazard switch. Probe the pins with a test light and see if you have power there.

I had the same problem. Ended up being the little connector that plugged into the turn signal socket had a bunch of corrosion in it.

how factory is your car as far as electrical, have YOU done any wiring add-ins, with anything, or any wiring repairs? What about the previous owners?

Do you have any aftermarket gauges? Most people follow the guides on here to spice into the headlight wire as a way to get power on with the ignition / lights come on (how ever you want)

Even if you don't have anywires in that area, unbolt the lower part of the dash to get easy accesse to the dimmer switch, its a big black box from the inside, carefully unplug the connector to make sure you dont pull out the wires from the connector, from the dimmer switch, and see if the wire's damaged, it will be a pair of 3 wires.

You need to look up 'dimmer switch bypass'. basically 2 of the 3 wires are grounds, which allows the switch to be able to dimout the power, so you will need to cut the wires in the center of the length, to save a cupple inches of wire on the plug if you ever wanted to re-use the connector, and connect the 2 grounds. LEAVING the dimmer switch plug, UNPLUGED, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FRY YOUR WIRING HARNESS!!

This will bypass the dimmer switch by acting like the dimmer is turned up to it's brightest setting, these dimmer switches are always going bad, and only working half the time, so it's really hard to tell if they go bad, and a new dimmer switch is apparently extremely expensive. A junkyard switch could be had probably for really cheap, but is more of a temporary fix if you look at it, but you can always happen to get lucky of course.

AGAIN, IF YOU BY PASS THE DIMMER SWITCH, LEAVE THE DIMMER SWITCH UNPLUGGED AND THE PLUG ITSELF TAPED UP AND ZIPTIED OUT OF THE WAY.

Let us know what you find out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back