The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Getting new 99 GS, Need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshmoshx

Probationary Member
Aug 24, 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Would it be wise to purchase an already turbo'd 420a? and what should I be looking for when buying it.. its $6,000 and idk if its worth it

Last edited:
I would spend the 6k on a Gsx or Gst
Your doing a gamble with a turbod 420a
Best to stick with 4g63t engine

I could possibly afford the maintence needed.. and it loooks cleaann ..

Unless the person selling it can show you that it has a built bottom end I wouldn't get it. The stock piston and rings on a 420a can't really handle a turbo. I had a 97gs before getting my 99gsx and he first thing I did was a complete bottom end rebuild. I'm selling the engine out of it now. It has weisco pistons eagle rods and acl bearings with arp main studs oh an cometic head gasket. All seals and gaskets are new and it has new oil and water pump with gates timing belt. This is an engine ready for a turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back