The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Getting close to firing it up!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKWTSI

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Lake Wylie, South_Carolina
Ok everyone:D

It's been a year and half in the making, but I'm just about ready to put fire and fuel to the new engine:hellyeah:

Before I do it, I'd like as many inputs as possible to what I may have forgotten to connect, tie off, adjust etc.etc.

I think I have it down but this is my first Talon rebuild and followed every tech hint and VFAQ hint I could find. But thought I'd ask for so thoughts, as I'm sure there will be one thing I've either looked over or forgotten...hopefully not, but want to make sure.

If this lights off without issue..I'm going to be stoked!!!ROFLROFLROFL

Thanks for all the help over the year or so putting it back together guys:thumb:

I always checked timing a few times.. but I'm poor and paranoid!

Triple Check Timing, Ensure all fluid holding lines are tight and secure. Check all fluid Levels. Check all seals. Ensure little dumb things like CAS isn't 180* out, all plugs are plugged up nice and firm, all bolts are tight and snug with locking washers in place if needed, and all gaskets were put on correctly. Check your wiring, spark plug firing order, and everything.

Give it a good twice over. If you question it - go ahead and check it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back