The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Get another ACT2100 kit or try the Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic Clutch Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truwarrior

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Had good luck with my previous 2100 ACT kit but intrested in the Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic Clutch Kit. Tranny is currently out for a rebuild. Anyone go from one to the other? How did it compair also do you have FWD or AWD?

Thank you!

I think I'll actually go with the Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit. It has a little more clamping force then the 2100 but not as much as the 2600. I think it would be better riding to then the stage 2...

Anyone know if the Exedy will mate up to a ACT flywheel ok? I'll have to get it resurfaced for sure.

I just installed an act 2100 on a guys awd and compared to my spec stage 3 this clutch "looks" like a really solid unit and really quality stuff. Used some exedy clutches in Hondas and didnt have any problems...but really they were making 120whp and even less torque.

The Exedy stage 1 and stage 2 clutches never really hold up on Evo's (275 - 380tq range) and everyone I've seen who's purchased one ends up replacing it within 15k miles.

I've had the Exedy stage 1 for about 12k miles and have had no issues with it.

Back when I was researching clutchs for my first upgrade from the stocker I looked at both those as well as the Centerforce Dual Friction. Out of those two I probably would have gone with the Exedy stage 2 as always seemed to hear great things about it & appeard to hold more power vs the 2100. Though the 2100 may be more "stock feeling" if thats what your looking for as the Exedy can chatter. Out of the 3 I liked the CFDF the best & thats what I ended up getting. I would recommend that clutch 100% for a fwd. Its rated at 375 ft/lbs at the crank. I was putting down over 350 ft/lbs at the wheels on my daily tune & probably right around the 375 ft/lbs mark at the wheels, when at the track & it never had any issues slipping on me. If your making that kind of power in an awd, I wouldn't recommend it if your going to be launching the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back