The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General Discussion - Swapping 7 bolt with 6 bolt Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narish Do Urden

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
Well, I got a hold of a 6 bolt, decided to do the swap so I don't have to worry about crank walk ever again. I knew crank walk happened in the 7 bolts I just really never thought I'd get it.

Anyways I am currently putting the 6 bolt together and readying it for the swap. I AM going to use my 2g head. Probably going to use 6 bolt rods and 7 bolt pistons. There's a ton of information on the forums and other websites on how to do the swap, and how also to use the 2g head on a 1g block.

6 Bolt Motor Install Into a 2G Eclipse
http://magnusmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/1gina2g.pdf

Were my references.
This isn't a tutorial just postin up what I'm currently working on and will also have pics by tonight. A sort of "keep track of what was done kinda thing."

I haven't really had the time or money to do anything with this yet, I have been stripping down the Spyder here and there. I been working on dropping the engine and trans, also going to remove the front sub frame, as well as the rear. I have the front suspension completely removed, when I get the engine dropped I got some welding to do. The struts housing on both sides are severely rusted, the radiator support its basically non existent. A rebuild from ground up taking me a while, I know it'll be worth it.

Going to get a new engine harness, and completely re wire everything on the interior with GOOD wire probably around the same time I start mounting the AWD sub frame since I'll have the interior mostly torn down anyways. I'm lookin at buying an Eagle Talon TSI as a donor car, haven't decided what I'd be doing with the engine.

Sorry I don't have pics up yet, the camera I used I guess I can't download the drivers without the C.D. to get it working on the computer, I dunno what that's about. Once I have the engine and trans dropped I'll get some pics with my phone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back