The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

GCC's and KYB AGX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunch_Box

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2003
Sherwood Park, Alberta_Canada
I bought a set of used Ground controll coilovers and KYB AGX shocks for my car and I was wondering if anyone else with set up can help me out. What are the stock spring rates on the ground controll coilovers? Also what would be a setting for the AGX?

i have that setup on my talon. run 4 in the front 5 in the back. pretty stiff but i dont mind.

91PlyLaser said:
i have that setup on my talon. run 4 in the front 5 in the back. pretty stiff but i dont mind.

Maybe 1G's are different that 2G's but mine only have 4 settings.

agh. my bad yeah i guess the 1g's have in the front and 8 settings in the back.my bad

RamenPride said:
450f/300r

not sure if it's different for AWD

um, not sure where you got that information...

with the agx shocks, run full stiff in the front, and depending on what mods you have for the rear (sway bar, tie bar, stb, etc) play around with it but dont go anywhere near full stiff. to stiff and the car will oversteer. i have my rears at 5-6 and i love the way it handles, very neutral.

RamenPride said:

175 different Eibach Springs can be matched with GC coilovers, with many...many different spring rates. thats just the spring rate YOU got.

turbo8u said:
175 different Eibach Springs can be matched with GC coilovers, with many...many different spring rates. thats just the spring rate YOU got.

yes, I am well aware of the fact that you can order them with different spring rates. besides, the guy asked what the stock rate was. the default rate for FWD at least is 450f/350r, hence the reason for my reply. if you read the original post, the question was what the stock spring rate is. is it possible that the person he bought them from ordered them with different spring rates? yes it is...

anyhoo, if you post whatever is stamped on the springs I'm sure someone can figure out the rate for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back