The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kareem17

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario_Canada
I want to do a dual or triple gauge pod in my car... what gauges should I go with? currently I have a Blitz DTT turbo timer which has a built in boost gauge, but it is broken now. So I figure I might as well get another boost gauge, what should be my other(s) gauge?

Someone should tell that to the rest of the people on this board then LOL. That's the same anser I see given everytime this question is asked.

Sadly, perhaps, it's the right answer. The DSM O2 sensor is almost a binary device, telling the ECU "enough" and little else. Trying to monitor it is like having a sunlight detector to tell you whether it's night or day. However, they're cheap gauges, and fill a hole. So they remain popular.

If it was me, I would handsdown, with out a doubt, no matter what buy

1) Boost- vac gauge ( It can tell you alot about how its running) ( Very important)
2) Oil Pressure ( Very important )
3) Exhaust temp ( Once you mod it is also very important)

Also look into buying www.pocketlogger.com The OBD2 version. I love it. It's a great monitoring tool for the novice and up.

I'm hooked to mine. It's also a nice first step into "tuning" due to the fact that you learn what things mean before you can mess with them.

It watches things like water temp, intake temp , throttle position, timing, etc....

I know it doesnt fit in the 3 pod holder but really a great monitoring tool along with those gauges.

I have a dual a-pillar and had a dual gauge cluster.... 30-0-30 vac/boost, Water temp, Volt, Oil Pressure... the only one I really need/use is the boost gauge.. I sold the dual cluster and i currently have a boost and a/f gauge in the pillar. Have a logger/afc for everything else. Buy a logger and save yourself money on gauges. I also agree the a/f looks cool but is fairly useless unless you want to see how rich or lean you run at idle. Just my 2 cents

I at 1st wanted a A/f but now that i think about it. . .its kinda riceish but I do agree with the fact that u do want to get a EGT and a oil temp. . .and later when u up date with volt and water temp :talon:

Defiant said:
The gauge-bezel pod is really nice, but it doesn't have much depth behind it. It barely obscures the factory gauges.

thats what I am worried about that it will block the factory gauges, so you say it won't? I still will be able so see my gas gauge, and oil pressure gauge?

kareem17 said:
thats what I am worried about that it will block the factory gauges, so you say it won't? I still will be able so see my gas gauge, and oil pressure gauge?

I have the autometer one and it doesn't block anything. I'm kinda surprised at the price for the one listed on ebay.... I either overpaid by a lot, or the ebay one must be really cheap (quality-wise)

I decided to go with the Autometer Lunar series gauges:
1)Boost Gauge
2)Oil Pressure
3)EGT (Pyrometer)

I don't really want to spend alot on gauges, I just want to make sure my car is running the way it is supposed to. Anyone have these gauges? or suggestion on any other models?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back