The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Gauge Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96eclipsex

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2005
Rutledge, Tennessee
Yesterday I finished wiring up my oil pressure gauge, but now when I turn it on the needle goes all the way to the right and stays there. Does anyone know whats up with that????
And has anyone ever used fish tank airline tubing for a boost gauge vac line????
Oh and about whats your vac at idle mine is reading about -10 hg, does that sound right????

I believe thats normal for electrical gauges to do that....have you fired it up yet? It should drop to where it needs to be when turned on.

For vaccume line I use vaccume line, my old 420A turbo pulled about -20 at idle. I think you have a vac leak or you line is being sucked shut or something. Do a boost leak test and listen/feel for pressure.

well i had it wired up in my car about 2 months ago, then i started getting it ready to be painted and took everything out. but i wired it the same way it was.

96eclipsex said:
well i had it wired up in my car about 2 months ago, then i started getting it ready to be painted and took everything out. but i wired it the same way it was.

DOuble check the work is what I would do first.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back