The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Gauge cluster not working at all. please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiteflash

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2006
Ridgefield, Washington
Ive been searching for hours but no luck. I just bought a GSX and the cluster lights didnt work. Since it had an apc cluster i decided to change it out for a stock one, and rewire the gauges on the a pillar. But when i started it up the tach, speedo, gas, etc and lights didnt work now. so i replaced the tail light fuse and alot of the fuses in the box below the dash. I running out of ideas. The taillights and headlights work perfectly too. Also, unplugging all the wiring that i did for the gauges did nothing. thanks

anything really. it could be as simple as 2 striped wires making contact. do you have a multimeter?

Possibly a fuse??? Did you try swapping out for the original dash to troubleshoot this further and make sure the "apc" dash isnt bad?

Possibly a fuse??? Did you try swapping out for the original dash to troubleshoot this further and make sure the "apc" dash isnt bad?

yeah i put a stock dash back in. and wouldn't the dimmer switch only control the lighting and not the tach and speedo themselves?

i would check it just to be on the safe side. some people hack the dimer switch to install guages...... its worth a try.

How do i check the dimmer switch?

On rare occasion my gauges will become flakey on startup too. But I think that you need to check your wiring for sure. Anytime you mess with electrical problems arise, and they can be hard to track down. You best bet is to get a multimeter and start testing connections.

here's the weird thing, the only light in the cluster that will light up is the high beam...very weird

I tried changing the ecu's but it wouldn't even start...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back