The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Gauge cluster back light illumination

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilmore1996

Probationary Member
May 25, 2022
Boscobel, Wisconsin
1998 mitsubishi eclipse GSX
Does anyone know what wire on the gauge cluster controls the back light illumination. Mines not working and I'm going to hardwire it to a toggle switch. If you could also post pictures of it that would help out alot. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hmm, I think you missed it.
It looks like the backlight Illumination is on C-06 pins 6 and pin 4 to the cluster. Powered by Fuse #5 and controlled by rheostat connected to C-23.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm pretty sure it's in this manual under Circuit Diagrams/Meter and Gauges and Chassis Electrical/Combination Meters
I looked all throughout that manual and couldn't find it. Either what I'm looking for isnt in there or missed it
Hmm, I think you missed it.
It looks like the backlight Illumination is on C-06 pins 6 and pin 4 to the cluster. Powered by Fuse #5 and controlled by rheostat connected to C-23.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Oh ok, I did miss that, I see it now. Thank you for pointing that out to me. Im sure i can find it when i tear the dash apart but Is there any way to tell what color wire those are?

Sure it says on the diagram Green/White stripe and Black/Yellow stripe. There is a Black wire from the rehostat to where ever A goes on the next page. The index for the wire colors is in the beginning of the manual.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back