The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Gates Racing Timing Belt for 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno617

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2006
Southampton, Pennsylvania
I have been searching for an upgrade for my timing belt. I cannot find any by greddy and came accross a company called Gates that makes a timing belt for my car. If any one had expeirence or is currently using this product let me know what you think of it.

In general Gates makes very good belts. Are referring to the blue colored Gates Racing belt? I have one (4G63). They appear to be very high quality. All my belts including timing, balance shaft, accessories are Gates.

Yeah, the blue gates racing timing belt is what i was looking at. I plan to have above 400hp and do not want to have to worry about my timing belt being destroyed and damaging the internals.

I have a Gates purchased and ready to go on my build in a couple months. Can't tell you anything else besides it looks durable and strong.

I can't really add anything other than what has been said but I had a Gates timing belt on my last car. I put about 25,000 miles on it before the car was totaled. It seemed like it was good quality and held up well... :idontknow:

Timing pulleys? Not sure what you mean but AFX makes a lightened crank pulley, and you can get cam gears made by many different companies. OBX, AEM, etc.

Thanks, I just watched the video and read up on the links posted on the page.
A lot of pictures to help guide too.:thumb:
Now I checked and they have a water pump for only 34.00 bucks, is that going to be efficient for what I'm doing? Still staying N/A with some bolt on's for now.:mad:
The water pump seems almost too cheap.:hmm:

Thanks, I just watched the video and read up on the links posted on the page.
A lot of pictures to help guide too.:thumb:
Now I checked and they have a water pump for only 34.00 bucks, is that going to be efficient for what I'm doing? Still staying N/A with some bolt on's for now.:mad:
The water pump seems almost too cheap.:hmm:
Lol, I am running his waterpump on the NA (also on the daily 99)..........

I use him for basically all my stock engine parts.

MB

I'm running the partsdinosaur.com timing kit with mechanical tensioner conversion on my 98 gs and am very happy with it so far. Seems to make tensioning the tbelt a lot simpler than the hydraulic unit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back