The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Gaskets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islhopr

Probationary Member
Jun 19, 2019
Modesto, California
So I just got a bunch of rubber Felpro gaskets in, and noticed one of the boxes was a repack. When I opened it I noticed the black rubber on the gasket was covered in a white substance instead.
None of the other gaskets appeared that way, just simply black. It seems like the rubber compound in making the gaskets may be detective? Or is that normal >?

Its normal. Doesn't it resemble talcum powder or such? Doesn't it wipe off if you try to clean it?
I assumed it was a release agent in the forming process myself. I have gotten some rubber gaskets like that and I just cleaned them and never thought a thing about it or have any issues. I believe mine was a valve cover gasket IIRC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back