The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

gasket set

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIB

Probationary Member
Jul 9, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
what is the big difference between the aftermarket gasket sets, such as those that come from oreilly and the oem gasket sets, is there some noticable difference (specs, material) or is it just about the name?

I just installed a fel-pro head gasket set in my GST. The materials are definitely different. For example the oem throttle body gasket was steel and the fel-pro was some type of composite. The thermostat housing gasket was incorrect, but I used RTV anyways. A second water pump o-ring is not included (used where the thermostat housing connects to the water pump tube that runs across the exhaust side of the block), and no turbo gaskets are included. However, the gaskets fit very well, and have my engine running very well. There are certainly better gasket sets out there, but if you are just trying to return to stock power the fel-pro set is great for the price. I hope this is helpful.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back