The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gas smell. Fuel pump and line install help 95 tsi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remz540

Probationary Member
Mar 25, 2012
York, Pennsylvania
I'm getting a faint smell of gas after I park my 95 tsi. are the rubber fuel line hard to replace. Also. I want to repace fuel pump. What would be a good choice for a upgrade from factory. Thanks for the help.

Yeah if you are only looking to replace your stock pump the 190 would be fine and a nice quiet upgrade at that.

Thanks guys will due. I will shop for the 190. The install seems cut and dry. Any tips?? Also, there is a faint smell of gas somewhere around filler neck. Are there some rubber gas lines that run around that area?? How hard is it to replace rubber gas lines?? Thanks

When replacing the fuel pump check the threaded fuel line for rust might have to replace

I wanted to let everyone know that that car hasn't moved in 4 to 5 years and I'm bringing it back to life. I let my Audi wagon go since my daughter is going to college and I can finally drive what I want. I could get anything within 25k range but I'm 40 and I still love this car, don't much care about my choice in car opinions just need some help bringing back to life. Wish me luck and thanks for the help.

I found and fixed gas leak. Rubber hose from filler neck to tank. I drove it after filling up the tank and it's running ruff now, with whiteish smoke from tail pipe on idle and down shift. ( low rmp down shift) would fixing the leak where I did affect the fuel psi?? And the small puff of white smoke every now and again. Also would turning the boost controller to 0 would that mak it stutter under load. Thank for ## help

You could have bad turbo seals from sitting that long and oil is getting into your compressor or turbine housing. Also when you say you turned your boost controler to zero how is it hooked up. If its all the way closed and hooked up to your wastegate actuator then it wont ever build any boost. That will make your car seem sluggish.

007. I'm not sure if it's hooked up at the wastgate. this is a vacuum hose nightmare. There is a line coming off the turbo and where the wastegate is there is a tee in the that line the goes to the wastegate. Then half way down the hose line there is another tee for the other line for boost controller. With the boost set at 0 on controller would that make my car stutter under load at 5 7 psi. Only thing to replace is the coil packs sp and wires done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back