The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Garrett Big T28 (tb2578) turbine housing options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
So I have a Garrett tb2578 or "Big T28" as they call it. The turbine housing is all cracked up and leaking and I wanted to use the turbo on another setup. My question is, is there a turbine housing that fits the Garrett tb2578 with a t3 flange? I'm looking for a t3 inlet to V band or just a t3 inlet to basically anything that I can buy a v band adapter for. I'm trying to use this turbo with an external gate, so it doesn't matter if it has an internal flapper or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Would this fit the Garrett Big T28? https://www.ebay.com/itm/153450392223?epid=933352491&hash=item23ba5b2a9f:g:8B8AAOSw6GJaOSe7

No, that one won't fit, it's for a TD05. You want a turbine housing for a Garrett GT2560 IIRC.

There are no direct-fit turbine housing options for the DSM TB2578. It's a bit of a bastard using the turbine spec from a GT2860R but in the smaller TB25/TB28 bearing housing. Your only option is to find a clean TB2566 housing and get it machined.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back