The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Gargle sounde when I let off the gas with my RNR 3" turbo back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXpower

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2003
Nashua, Iowa
this only happens when I am at low RPM driving around town, when I let off the gas to shift or stop, the exhaust makes this wierd gargle, burbling noise if that makes any sense. It dosen't soud like a backfire, but maybe that is just something that large exhausts do.... what do you guys think?

Yeah I supose that normally the stock exhaust would muffle that sound, but when you can see straight through the muffler that is why every sound comes through I bet. Thanks

That noise is is the sound of the just combusted air/fuel mix in the cylinder as the exhaust valve opens. You can hear it because the exhaust is so free flowing that the pulse from that cylinder goes straight out the pipe without any interference (from the other cylinders) Pretty cool when you think about it.

Mine does it as well (Apexi N1) . . . and I just figured out today that if I drive around the interstate for a while in the upper RPMs (4k+) and get everything good and warm . . . when I push in the clutch JUST long enough to shift, it'll backfire/pop . . .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back