The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

garage music

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combs-dsm

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2013
leon, Kansas
interested in seeing what kind of music as in genre and bands people listen to while in the garage or working on your DSM. when im working on my DSM I listen to a lot of rock, gets me motivated and pumped up. I don't believe my neighbors like to very much due to the fact that I have 4 tower home speakers that have 12s. but they haven't said much yet. LOL:hellyeah:

I listen to my local classic rock station. Alice Cooper is the radio DJ at night and he plays nothing but real music. He does a real good job of mixing it up too so you don't hear the same songs everyday. Its mostly rock from the 70's and 80's with a few 90's songs thrown in. He even gives a shout out every now and then to the guys working on thier cars listening to him.

How heavy rock do you listen too? I mostly listen to some oldschool rock I guess. Creed, Three doors down, Linkin park every now and then, but its mostly all pandora aswell.

Well i listen to disturbed, three days grace, shine down, five finger death punch, mudvayne. Lord so much you can even think of. Ofcourse metallica. Local station here plays a good mix of the oldies like alice cooper and alot of others.

I listen to my local classic rock station. Alice Cooper is the radio DJ at night and he plays nothing but real music. He does a real good job of mixing it up too so you don't hear the same songs everyday. Its mostly rock from the 70's and 80's with a few 90's songs thrown in. He even gives a shout out every now and then to the guys working on thier cars listening to him.

That would be sick. Alice cooper as a radio DJ. Wow.

Depends on the mood or the type of day.

Usually classic rock - 70's, 80's, 90's.
.38 Special, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Zappa, Rolling Stones, Motley Crue, Heart, Guns & Roses, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, etc. The typical friday night when the alcohol is flowing in CFM. We have an old 45 machine above the cd player. It sounds so much better than laser. (Our neighbors have complained a few times. After 10 pm we turn it down and quit using air tools)

When im by myself doing body work, or painting in the booth, Its different music because I have my headphones on. Usually i'll listen to Deftones, Tool, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, Buckethead, Chevelle, Pelican, Russian Circles, In Flames, Dethklok.

And the occasional techno, trance, house, acid jazz, dubstep.

Depends on the mood or the type of day.

Usually classic rock - 70's, 80's, 90's.
.38 Special, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Frank Zappa, Rolling Stones, Motley Crue, Heart, Guns & Roses, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, etc. The typical friday night when the alcohol is flowing in CFM. We have an old 45 machine above the cd player. It sounds so much better than laser. (Our neighbors have complained a few times. After 10 pm we turn it down and quit using air tools)

When im by myself doing body work, or painting in the booth, Its different music because I have my headphones on. Usually i'll listen to Deftones, Tool, NIN, Rage Against the Machine, Buckethead, Chevelle, Pelican, Russian Circles, In Flames, Dethklok.

And the occasional techno, trance, house, acid jazz, dubstep.

Womp bom bom bom bom. LOL all the dub step sounds alike to me. (What happend to korn?) I second all that you listed. Even been known to listen to some lady GAGA ah rah ooo la la LOL

Womp bom bom bom bom. LOL all the dub step sounds alike to me. (What happend to korn?) I second all that you listed. Even been known to listen to some lady GAGA ah rah ooo la la LOL

Hell yes. Im not much of a lady ga ga fan but she still has some smash hits. Korn every now and then is still the shit. Word up

Everything listed thus far has been blasted through my garage, with the adition of some older coutry from time to time when the mood strikes, ala garth brooks, brooks and dunn, travis tritt, etc.

Its generally along the lines of disturbed, metallica, trivium, mudvayne, 5fdp, lamb of god, the heavier side of things lends well to fabrication and the like.

And dubstep does all sound alike, but it still kicks ass:hellyeah:

Local rock station. Been like that since I used to work at the tire shop :)

Everything listed thus far has been blasted through my garage, with the adition of some older coutry from time to time when the mood strikes, ala garth brooks, brooks and dunn, travis tritt, etc.

Its generally along the lines of disturbed, metallica, trivium, mudvayne, 5fdp, lamb of god, the heavier side of things lends well to fabrication and the like.

And dubstep does all sound alike, but it still kicks ass:hellyeah:

ive never heard of trivium until just so I a youtubed it, they kick ass:hellyeah: I listen to a lot of country, listen to it a little in the garage the garage, but it just doesn't do it for me when you've got a beer in your hand and turning a wrench.

Local rock station. Been like that since I used to work at the tire shop :)

the local station here plays a lot of the oldies on Sundays. so usually that's what it will be on. some times its a lot more heavy metal type. just varies with them.

My neighbors listen 4 days ago, about 6 hours of every day some european melodic rock music from bands: reckless love, crazy lyxxx, reckless love, H.E.A.T.. and some more.. until i worked on a friend's GSX in the frontyard.. but I put in the fallout 3 "Galaxy News Radio" soundtrack once.. :)

This could be a good new music thread. Im always interested in new bands. There is so much talent out there being forgotten about by the mainstream that they never get recognition.

I have to listen to Country music, and i NEVER listen to country music,.. But if i listen to Rap/rock or anything else, i will literally break everything in anger the minute something doesn't go right! hahahahhaha

Not many people are into it, but I usually jam some melodic hardcore. Bands such as Counterparts, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights, and Heart In Hand.

Blood on the Dance Floor....

I kid.

I hardly listen to music while working on the car though if I do it's anything from classic rock to heavy metal, country, rap (not much), classical, techno, etc. I've got a very wide and weird taste in music.

This could be a good new music thread. Im always interested in new bands. There is so much talent out there being forgotten about by the mainstream that they never get recognition.

Yea i agree. Theres so much music out there that never gets played on the radio. And new ideas are always awesome. It opens your harizons and axpands your playlist LOL.

I have to listen to Country music, and i NEVER listen to country music,.. But if i listen to Rap/rock or anything else, i will literally break everything in anger the minute something doesn't go right! hahahahhaha

Hahahahaha :D aslong as you dont take it out on the DSM

Not many people are into it, but I usually jam some melodic hardcore. Bands such as Counterparts, Hundredth, No Bragging Rights, and Heart In Hand.

Ill jam hundreth everynow and then. Different moods and the amount of alcohol youve consumed depends on the choice of tones hahaha. I hardly listen to any rap but if im feelin good ill put on some lil wayne, tech nine, dmx, brotha lynch, old school ice cude. Etc

I have Sirius in the garage, my rank of channels are:

1) Howard 100. Always hilarious, all the time. The cast, the guests, the interviews- everything about Howard's show is entertaining. I only change this when it gets repetitious....which tends to happen on weeks the show is live and they play the same thing over and over again.

2) Lithium 34. Probably the best music genre of all time, 90's rock and alternative. This is the music I listened to during the best period of my life...back when I did nothing but go to school and race MX. I can never get enough.

3) Alt Nation 36. This channel is about 50/50 with crap and good music, but it's always good to be on top of the new stuff often before it's released on the FM channels.

4) 90s on 9. Again, about 50/50 with good using and crap...but even the crap is funny to listen to and the hip-hop from that era brings back memories of awkward high school dances and whatnot. I'll just listen quietly until "Informer" or "Just a Friend" comes on then suddenly I'm back in the middle school cafeteria listening to all the middle school he said / she said drama. ROFL

5) Prime Country 58. If all the other channels are played out, I'll occasionally turn on the music I grew up on when I was 10 or 11 and down, long before I was able to venture down the radio dial on my own. This is basically 80's and 90's Country with a few of the early 2000's. Some of this stuff is really good and sounds nothing like what most people would think to be "Country". That bullshit that they call Country music today just murders my ears- I literally cannot tolerate even 30 seconds of it.

1) Howard 100. Always hilarious, all the time. The cast, the guests, the interviews- everything about Howard's show is entertaining. I only change this when it gets repetitious....which tends to happen on weeks the show is live and they play the same thing over and over again.

2) Lithium 34. Probably the best music genre of all time, 90's rock and alternative. This is the music I listened to during the best period of my life...back when I did nothing but go to school and race MX. I can never get enough.

3) Alt Nation 36. This channel is about 50/50 with crap and good music, but it's always good to be on top of the new stuff often before it's released on the FM channels.

4) 90s on 9. Again, about 50/50 with good using and crap...but even the crap is funny to listen to and the hip-hop from that era brings back memories of awkward high school dances and whatnot. I'll just listen quietly until "Informer" or "Just a Friend" comes on then suddenly I'm back in the middle school cafeteria listening to all the middle school he said / she said drama. ROFL

5) Prime Country 58. If all the other channels are played out, I'll occasionally turn on the music I grew up on when I was 10 or 11 and down, long before I was able to venture down the radio dial on my own. This is basically 80's and 90's Country with a few of the early 2000's. Some of this stuff is really good and sounds nothing like what most people would think to be "Country". That bullshit that they call Country music today just murders my ears- I literally cannot tolerate even 30 seconds of it.

id love to get Sirius sometime. everything on there is awesome pretty much. just like Pandora but you have a much wider range to pick from.

whatever happened to the old school linkin park. I still rock them hardcore just about everytime im turnin wrenchs. but all the newer stuff Im not really into.

Yea I got the XM version (same thing) yea howard is great and all but it sucks that hes only 3 days aweek and is gone every other week for AGT. You should check out channel 41 for the Jason Eliis show from 3 to 7 (my time). The music isnt all the greastest but his show is effin halarious!

I usually listen to octane (37) the 80s and 90s channel, Lithuim, Ozzy's boneyard, Luquid Metal, and if a game is on then like hockey or baseball then the sports channels for the game.

I listen to classic rock and eminem. It takes me back when I was 17 and had my first car and worked on it. Back then it was a 96 GS and now it's a 97 GST.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back