The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Galant Projector Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EGLTAWLN

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2008
Edmonton, AB_Canada
i started a junkyard projector project for my galant.
i purchased a set of headlights off a infiniti J30, which houses 2 projectors each.
the headlights cost me $40. hid kit was $50.
these are the results.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

it was difficult. i'll leave it at that. but i am happy with them. i just have to aim them a bit better.
i also want to install angel eyes around the projectors now.
i will post those pictures when i finish.
also, i did a projector project for my 1ga talon with flip ups.
i got a set of projectors out of a subaru svx. they fit into the stock headlight housings with a little modification. once i get the hid's in and aimed i will post those pictures.
i realize this modification has it's haters out there. opinions welcome. i have a thick skin.
i posted more pictures on vr4.org in the "hid's done right" thread if anyone is interested in more pictures.

VR4s are stupid cars and you suck.

Lol!

I don't know how I feel about these, at first I was like OH SHIT THATS COOL. But then the car kind of reminded me of another car I can't put my finger on.

I don't know, you did work though, they look cool.

and here are the talon ones - no hid's yet, just 9005 pia's.

probably should have it's own thread for search purposes. i'll probably start a new thread once the hid's come in and i aim them.

put HIDs and Angel Eye Halos on my laser. lemme know if you need any tips. Be careful if you use HIDs though. They are known to burn through flip up housing. I stuffed the top and bottom with fiber glass insulation so it wouldn't burn ever.

only picture I have for right now.

Attachments

• image-1968950830.jpg
    image-1968950830.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 35
i used the ebay housing pictured on the right. but i took out the fake projector lens and installed a REAL PROJECTOR HOUSING in the ebay headlight.
i had bought the rectangle angel eye's / projector housing off ebay and it sucked for putting out light. the angel eyes barely worked and they didn't last a year. the fake projector lens does NOTHING to focus the hid light.
i would like to see more pictures if you have any.

awzer2 said:
galants are ugly :p

go away?

Anyways I'll go take some in about an hour. I'll post when I'm done

This threat wants me to retrofit HID projectors on to my car so bad now. Thanks

hope that picture shows the need for different corner lights.
i put some rims on and lowered it too.
little bit of touch up paint this weekend and she should be looking respectable.

i hope everyone glances at awzer2's avatar.
this is an IMPROPER way to do hids'.
he does not have a projector housing, so the light just BARFS out unfocused and WE cannot even see his car.
is it a 1gb or a 2ga?
this is a good representation of a BAD JOB at a headlight mod.
thanks for giving us the demonstration.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back