The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Galant Alternator swap for 2G. 90 AMP with part numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I recently had my nearly new 17 month old oem 75 amp alternator go funny on me and it was time for this GALANT swap so I ordered a unit from the UK only to find out that the UK Galant is different then the US Galant!

Im doing this because I could not find a part number to work with to help me search and it WILL save time in the future for others! so this should help people when they need to do this swap!

this here is a UK Galant alternator matched down to the correct year and from the same engine 4g63 vr4 but this is 100 amps and I even tried the 90 amp 2.4 unit aswell but that was the same style aswell,

this is the link Mitsubishi Galant VI | 100 Amp ALTERNATOR | 2.0 16V (A1939) - The Starter Motor & Alternator Company Ltd

this unit did not work due to a few reasons

link to the pics are in here http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/electrical-tech/454082-100amp-galant-alternator.html

as you can see from them the 4 pin location and power and even the upper arm is all wrong but thats not the big problem as it still would work like that that main ISSUE is the twin arms at the bottom are to close together!

so over a course of a few hours over 2 days I find a part number from a site called maniacelectricmotors ALTERNATOR FOR 1996-1998 GALANT 2.4L - 2.4L '98-'96 ALL - ALTERNATOR 13585 this is the correct unit for this swap!

in the UK I found this in only 1 place/company and they only had 1 in stock and that was from Wood Auto Supplies Ltd :: ALT31219

it went on real easy and works great and I cannot be happier with this small but very worth while upgrade.

so just to recap the part numbers you need to cross reference when buying an alternator from a galant are A2T82791, A2T82791ZC, MD310997, A2T82792, A2T82792ZC, MD327535

on a side note the company maniac electric motors also do upgraded units (higher amps) aswell if anyone wants more power from there alternator High Output 150 Amp Alternator 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0L W/Turbo & Many More... - HIGH OUTPUT MITSUBISHI ALTERNATORS

Ok here is an update on this alternator. Its been on since jan 2013 so nearly 2 years now.

Its been amazing and still works perfectly well. I dont have any heat shields on since the install and its even had 10 months of my home made exhaust system and a few track events pounding at this alternator and it is holding up very well. Granted i can only review it to a point as not every companys will be the same but mine is without fault. The power is always strong and puts out what it is ment to do. My volt reader in the turbo timer is set for warnings on low and high but it sits happy and has not set my warning limits off.

Another update!

Still on the same alternator! And its perfect! ive even got a few of the UK DSM's to get this alternator for the fact its a good quality built unit! When.it does decide to give up (when ever that may be) i will buy the exact same one!

Next year though i am adding more shielding so should be alot less pressure on the alternator from heat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back