The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

G6K vs G6S Cylinder head differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron Morison

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2018
Christchurch, New_Zealand
Ive been hunting around and searching for information but havent come to anything yet.

Ive got a couple of spare heads in the shed and trying to work out the differences.
One of them is a G6K off a 1995 RVR turbo. Its cooked, its soft and I just use it for a jig now.
The other is removed of a n/a RVR 2.0, its a G6S castings and I will potentially use it to build for the race car, or as a spare

I cannot for the life of me work out what the differences are though, The intake ports are the same entrance size, visually look the same. Combustion chambers are the same. Does anyone know?

It costs a bunch of money to build a head, so want to make sure that I dont start with an unsuitable core.

My race car currently has a G6K head which I believe came from an evo however I don't know for sure. Its definitely small port anyway.

Update: Just found a difference. The Lifter oil gallery doesn't go all the way to the end on the G6S. That in itself wont make any difference to performance, presume just a casting revision.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back