The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

g63b: crank gear shim? oil pump issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akauf587

Probationary Member
Aug 17, 2005
New Holland, Pennsylvania
I've been searching and checked the factory service manual, vfaq, etc and cant find an answer to my problem.

issue/question 1:
I'm putting together my g63b for my mighty max p/u and I'm running into an issue with the balance shaft pulley. It is sitting too far back causing the belt to rub the font cover and poor alignment with the tensioner and b shaft gear.

Is there supposed to be a shim between the crank balance shaft gear (b) and the crank?

issue/question 2:
I picked up a used oil pump assembly that did not come with a drive gear. I try to swap mine onto it and the shaft is much smaller on the new one. I pull the pump apart to switch the pump shafts/sprockets and they are different.

My original one matches all the oem dohc oil pumps I have around.

Can I use a dohc oil pump assembly on the sohc motor? I know how they differ but is it an issue?

thanks is advance to anyone who can help,
Andrew

I'm talking about the balance shaft gear on the crank. It sits too far back. I have that spacer behind the balance shaft gear and with the belt lined up with the balance shaft crank gear the belt sits very far back on the balance shaft gear and tensioner pulley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back