The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G FWD vs AWD Clutch Pedal Assembly Differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brysondouglas9213

Probationary Member
Sep 16, 2021
Jackson, Michigan
So over the past few months, ive slowly been working on 5 speed swapping my 90 Laser RS n/a. I had most of the parts laying around, including spare transmissions, but needed a pedal assembly.
I found one on Ebay just randomly searching for 150 shipped. I got it, did a little more research before i pulled it all apart and decided to look at the pedal assembly in my 90 Eclipse GST and realized they look a bit different. The one i bought that came from a 91 awd, has a bracket with a spring attached by where the slave is, which i suppose helps with travel ofnthe pedal? Where as my fwd does not have that. (Also forgot to add, the 90 fwd GST, was originally a GS n/a)

I also believe this pedal assembly is bent, as I am not able to get the brake booster bolt holes lined up with the assembly. Anyone have an n/a pedal assembly theyd be willing to sell? Lol

It's a turbo vs. non-turbo difference in the pedal assemblies, not a FWD vs. AWD. I ran into the same discrepancy when swapping my '90 N/A to turbo way back when.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's a turbo vs. non-turbo difference in the pedal assemblies, not a FWD vs. AWD. I ran into the same discrepancy when swapping my '90 N/A to turbo way back when.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ahh okay cool. Thanks for the quick response. I think if i can get the holes to line up ill probably use it. I might just look around for another one in the meantime. I just wanna be able to get the car to move on its own. Im 3rd owner of it and the trans went out 5 years ago when i drove it last, and swapped 2 different auto trans in it that were "good" used. Smfh. Decided to hell with auto, lemme use these spare parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back