The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FWD toe arms modified into AWD (EASY)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93'colttsi

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2007
Chilliwack, BC_Canada
Well, I ran into the problem so many others have had. seized eccentric bolts on the toe adjusters for the rear. I cut out the old bushings/eccentrics effectively destroying the stock awd toe arms (no readily avail aftermarket bushings were found) I found the post for the intrepid rear toe arms, but figured there must be a easier way.

Anyways I could source locally brand new Beck Arnley FWD toe arms, but no listing or aftermarket parts for the AWD toe arms. I ordered the FWD arms anyways knowing they are a bit different then the FWD ones to save from waiting for shipping and ordering parts online for the AWD ones.

Pic of the awd arm (on the left) vs the FWD arm (right side) *note the bushing in the awd arm was just temporary, but gives you a idea of the difference in the bushings between the awd and fwd toe arms.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

All I had to do to get the fwd toe arm to fit into the awd subframe was add a "spacer" to the forward side of the bushing. Good as new!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here are the part numbers for the beck arnley fwd arms.

-1017093 (left toe arm) ($39 from rock auto)
-1017094 (right toe arm) ($39)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back