The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

FWD Suspension Setup for Drag Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think Ive sourced some 9" and some 10" that I can borrow to do some testing with before I purchase :)

should be interesting to see how they compare.

it looks like what you would call a 10" rim, we call a 9" rim, as from what I tell we measure inside the beeding where the tyre sits and you measure edge to edge. So the 7" I was running on are actually 8" :)

Kev - your a legend in your own life time ;)

1.60 60' first run on the new wheels, previously best was 1.71.

only got 4 runs in setting up the first 1/8th, and still did a new PB :) I dipped the clutch and coasted rather than chaining into 4th and still did a 10.06 @127 I was doing 137 a the 1000' :)

Big competition next weekend Outlaw Street FWD Shootout

I think I'm ready now :)

Kev - your a legend in your own life time ;)

1.60 60' first run on the new wheels, previously best was 1.71.

only got 4 runs in setting up the first 1/8th, and still did a new PB :) I dipped the clutch and coasted rather than chaining into 4th and still did a 10.06 @127 I was doing 137 a the 1000' :)

Big competition next weekend Outlaw Street FWD Shootout

I think I'm ready now :)

Nice to know you are improving your´s 60´s.

Good luck at the Outlawshootout. And keep us informed, please.

Any live transmission at the internet for the Outlawshootout competition ?

There is a competition in Brazil this weekend with live streaming at HotCampinas.com AO-VIVO . No Mitsubishi but lots of fwd.

Agnaldo Cesar
Eclipse 95 GS-T FWD (manual)
4g63 2.0t - E85 - Bullseye s362
BRAZIL

unfortunately 2 drive shaft failures in one day meant I got knocked out at the 1/4's

I 2nd with Kiggly I ran 8" rims and couldn't get past 1.77 to save my life. Went to 10'' wide welds and with 4.5 back space I also have solid rear suspension with 600lbs up front. Batt, fuel cell are in front bumper. Depending on track temps and prep will push me into putting weight on the weight bar. I run 4-5psi. I ran 1.5 60fts with the 5speed.

Now the auto is in im trying to build boost and keep the car from falling flat on its face. Im relearning all over again. Im about to just spray it out of the hole

I 2nd with Kiggly I ran 8" rims and couldn't get past 1.77 to save my life. Went to 10'' wide welds and with 4.5 back space I also have solid rear suspension with 600lbs up front. Batt, fuel cell are in front bumper. Depending on track temps and prep will push me into putting weight on the weight bar. I run 4-5psi. I ran 1.5 60fts with the 5speed.

Now the auto is in im trying to build boost and keep the car from falling flat on its face. Im relearning all over again. Im about to just spray it out of the hole

you finally switched to the auto? Nice what do you think of it so far? Have you made any full passes yet? Who built your tranny? Sorry for so many questions we just have similar setups. I need my auto rebuilt though so if you guys are doing that I may have to bring it up there.

yeah

1.71 was the best I managed on a 7" rim dropped that to
1.60 by swapping to a 9.25" rim and about to change that to a 10" rim to get into the 1.5's

No full passes yet. Im building my own transmissions as always. Ive got a stock re-stalled converter now. I want a sinister 8'' but last time I checked they weren't selling them yet. Im in the process of building my new motor, as you know Ive been on the same 2.0 for 2 years, shes tired for sure! 2.3 is on the stand being built. As always sticking to the 7-bolt!!!!

No full passes yet. Im building my own transmissions as always. Ive got a stock re-stalled converter now. I want a sinister 8'' but last time I checked they weren't selling them yet. Im in the process of building my new motor, as you know Ive been on the same 2.0 for 2 years, shes tired for sure! 2.3 is on the stand being built. As always sticking to the 7-bolt!!!!

thats awesome man I hope to see you at some events this year!

Just looking at your timing slip and it says
Timeslip Info
1/4 Mile: 11.133 @ 131.220
1/8 Mile: 7.359 @ 104.390
60' Time: 1.794

What time did you run with the 1.5 60's ?

I never update the info on this site. As you can see Ive been a member since 2005 with 117 post. I did in January and March this year. But then I broke multiple shift cables and never got into 2nd (due to cable separation) So I was going 11s still but near 145mph (1st to 3rd). h

Hows the eclipse running now with the Auto box?

Ive just finished modifying hubs to allow me to fit larger shafts, Im going with DSS Pro level kit now.

I just wanted to give a big shout out to all the guys that posted on here, with FWD suspension setups; I've been struggling to get our '97 Camry down the track without it trying to kill me. I changed my setup to what you guys suggested in term of sway bar location, preload and toe in and last night I went gun barrel down the track 135 mph and change. I'm still struggling with my 60' and half track but part of that is trying to do this in a heavy car (3000+lb) and trying to do it on a 235/60R15 on an unprepped track. But hey, I guess that's what makes it fun, any hows, thanks again!!

Curious of the offset? Help!

I just wanted to give a big shout out to all the guys that posted on here, with FWD suspension setups; I've been struggling to get our '97 Camry down the track without it trying to kill me. I changed my setup to what you guys suggested in term of sway bar location, preload and toe in and last night I went gun barrel down the track 135 mph and change. I'm still struggling with my 60' and half track but part of that is trying to do this in a heavy car (3000+lb) and trying to do it on a 235/60R15 on an unprepped track. But hey, I guess that's what makes it fun, any hows, thanks again!!
Good stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back