The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G FWD gears in AWD transmission

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whataboutmalyw

Probationary Member
Nov 21, 2021
Astana, Asia
Hello all. Would i put 1st and 2nd gears from fwd transmission to awd transmission? I have an AWD with broken 1st and 2nd gears. And i have clear fwd transmission. I want to swap gears between tranny's. Would i do that?

I have plenty of 1/2 awd gears let me know what you need.
I lost my idea to repair transmission cuz i didnt found bearings in my country.
Now i want to replace transmission from KW5M332NQXV to W5M332UMXL.
First transmission have a 3.55 ratio, second have a 3.91. Can i change main gear or some another details to change transmission without changing transfer case and rear gearbox?

No, changing the output and ring gear in the trans requires the matching t-case and rear diff.
Hold up. I think he's asking if he can just do that and not have to get a new tcase and rear end. Yes if tourbring gear is matches to a particular tcase and rear end then yes they are swappable. You need to know what's what and have a complete matching set. Ring gear and output, tcase and rear end ratios all have to be compatible

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back