The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

*** ACTIVE / OPEN *** 2G Tubular front subframe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey everyone. I want to say thanks for everyones support thus far on this frame. alot of you are interested and im sure many more will be once they are out there proving themselfs over and over again! Its nice to have the support from you all.

I have an update for you all today.

I have been working on the outer compression arm mountings for about a week now. I ran in to a small problem i did not see and thats because i adjusted a few things and didnt think of this LOL. The problem just ment machining a new jig piece as what happened was the original frame had no provisions for any spacers or anything to the chassis so when i added that i didnt calculate the spacer depth and then i took some material off the insert sleeve so those two combined i just draw the jig up wrong as i counted for 1 but not both! Silly me. Its all resolved now and the jig is back to working.

Now these are done my plan is to go get it all powder coated and installed! And by christmas i am hoping to have all prices from the laser cutters and CNC work done as i have to finish off adjusting some drawings but for the most part it should be fairly close.

I have been also thinking about shipping and coating and im looking at a few options but i will continue this research for the time being and see what i come up with.

Anyhow here is the outer compression arm mounting. (Its not de speckled yet so excuse any high spots or spatter)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey all good update today. Everything is finally done, checked and fitment is confirmed for everything.

This frame is now fully ready to go to powder coating! Im so happy for this as i can finally get the car back on the ground ready for my last big job on the front end over christmas time.

So this is to show it confirms fitment with the oem crossmember snd an aftermarket one (with reinforcement of the rear plate) as mentioned in the Original post #1!

I have worked on the 4 point brace but not gt far enough yet as ideally i need it on the car to make the crossmember at the same time to get the mounting right for the brace side of the crossmember bar etc. The rest is able to be done before but just not that rear part.

Enjoy the pictures everyone as next time you see this it will be bolted on the car looking all pretty and full of color!

Just took weights of it all on the normal version (2 point brace) and its 10kg or 22LBS. Which is still 3lbs less then my max target of 25 but it was what it was really.

The 4 point brace and cross member wont be much more because its going to be shorter in length and less weight then the other ones. So in theory it wnt be much more really.

Bolts are not included in the weight calculation or powder coating of course.

Looking good. A lot of hard work you been putting in. Thanks for helping out the dsm community.
I been on this thing most weekends trying to get some final tweeking done and also collect all the info from it and jig as much as i can up to make sure they all come out the same. I will know how well i do one the next trial one to be made for testing. Its hard to do this every night after work as i dont always feel like it if its been a long day so i try to spread it out

Man I don't know how many times I've gone over your pics and stared at this beauty. You've got some legit time, design and engineering into this. Far better and superior than any other fabricators' I've seen.
Super looking forward to seeing the 4 point brace and cross member!

Man I don't know how many times I've gone over your pics and stared at this beauty. You've got some legit time, design and engineering into this. Far better and superior than any other fabricators' I've seen.
Super looking forward to seeing the 4 point brace and cross member!
You and me both. I have looked to see where i started and how much its changed during the time to what it is now! Its crazy how 1 tube can make a redesign because it dont work another way! Damn tight frame area.

Thanks for your kind words. Im just doing my part for the community and sharing my love not only in these cars but for making things as i love to do that.

Dont stand me out from everyone else though as im just one of many fabricators here that love to do this for our platform and support us all.

Over christmas i will be confirming my 4 point brace design which i have mocked up now but wont do anything till i have that and the front crossmember made and fitted from the car as i need it all bolted up.

Frames back! All tapped and ready to install on the weekend! Been a long journey but its finally done. Now onto phase erm. 2 it shouod of been but i feel as if phases went along time ago withbthe redesigns and adjustments haha.

So nedt step is getting the car running in the new year and get this thing tested out!

Truly amazing!
Thank you very much! Im so excited to finally get it done to this stage and install if after all this time

That's a crazy amount of work Bobby. You always bring these projects home with not only great design concept but awesome fab and build quality. Can't wait to see it in the car!

Aye! The color adds a new level of awesomeness. Looking tops Bobby!
It sure does right. I mean it was awesome before if im being biased LOL but the color makes it that much more real its finally out of fabricating side and onto fitting and im so mega excited to fit it up

That's a crazy amount of work Bobby. You always bring these projects home with not only great design concept but awesome fab and build quality. Can't wait to see it in the car!
Thanks for them awesome words dude. Its been a tough design to make work as i originally wanted it. it would of been alot easier to make a direct bolt on and zero adjustability or modular setup but whats the fun in that huh!
I dont like to do things small but this really pushed my limits of learning and seeing things from many ways and hopefully this does work as i hope and i need to make no adjustments once its being used. Only time will tell on that though

Hey everyone today i installed the subframe and wow it looks epic installed!

Got loads of pics and a few videos so have a watch as i explain some bits on the under brace and just a chat on the frame itself.

Last edited:

Liking that GSX version!!
They will all be GSX fitment because thats the version thats lower from the exhaust so one eill never have trouble swapping from chassis to chassis.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back