The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Fuses popping 8&17

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNAKE_15

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2012
Bakersfield, California
Ok guys I'm so close on fixing my car but stuck one last spot, yes I googled and read countless posts on tuners but need some clarification.

As soon as I plug in the plug (B-65) from the kick panel fuse box, fuse 8(gauge)&17(sunroof) blows immediately and also my tail lamp fuse from the engine fuse box so I have no running lights or power to windows. If I leave it unplugged, everything works fine. I even tried a different dash harness and still have the same issue. My car did not come with a sunroof so not sure if this is supposed to be connected. Anybody have any ideas or had his issue before? Should I just leave this unplugged? Gonna do a volt meter test tomorrow morning but wanted some input before I start

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181110-194348_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181110-194348_Gallery.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20181110_195211.jpg
    20181110_195211.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 54
You can try tracing the wiring for that circuit and making sure it’s not grounded or pinched causing it to blow the fuse.

Check that B-65 (pin 1, red/ black) is not shorted to ground

Check that B-50 (pin 12, red/green) is not shorted to ground

Hey guys, so I pulled the harness out and traced the wire with no luck

I noticed this though. On my brothers spare dash harness, the plug that I keep connecting on the kick panel fuse box to my car, I found the same plug connected here on the spare dash harness connected to something else with what I'm guessing is for the sunroof

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So, I'm curious since I don't have a sunroof, I don't have that little harness so maybe this should be left unplugged after all on my kickpanel fuse box??

I even looked at my brothers car and the wire colors are different than the plug I keep connecting. Mine is black, red, orange, and black which is not the same in this pic

The white plug appears to be B-79
The black one is B-65

Having it plugged in should be okay. Have you checked the roof harness to see if its shorting to ground?

The white plug appears to be B-79
The black one is B-65

Having it plugged in should be okay. Have you checked the roof harness to see if its shorting to ground?
Yeah I pulled the sun visors and headliner but nothing was shorting to ground. Well since I'm not connecting the correct plug, wouldn't that be the reason for my fuses popping because everything works if I leave that unplugged and I'm thinking nothing goes there since I have the non sun roof car. I'm gonna try a different harness that I bought because this current one didn't have the plug for my powered side view mirrors so it must've came off an RS when I bought it

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back