The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Engine Fuse Blowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hudson9563

Probationary Member
Jan 6, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
95 gst over a week ago i was driving and my car shut off and it was because the "ENGINE" fuse was blown it the PAL 20A fuse under the hood, i replaced it and the car fires right up and idles fine. Because i thought it fixed it i started to drive i drove maybe half a mile and it blew again it seems to blow after shifting at a higher RPM. I changed it out and drove it back to the house shifting at or under 2k and there was no problem at all. Please help this is my daily. I havent installed anything new, my alternator tested good.

LOL bout a week ago..... sorry, to buisness! Mine did that too. Turns out there was a short somewhere in the circuit. Trace it and make sure it is in good condition.
i dont know where to look apparently because i dont see a short anywhere no exposed wires grounds appear to be good

Its not instantly shorting thats whats getting me i can drive it then it cuts off

Your gonna have to tear apart everything. Trace every single wire from the fuse box. I have the same thing turned out to the a few wires under the driver side fender rubbed off isolation touchING gound to engine, ignition starter fuses wires

This is some of the work I did for my short circuit....for 2 weeks :beatentodeath:

Attachments

• IMG_20111121_195540.jpg
    IMG_20111121_195540.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 77
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back