The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Funny Working On Your DSM Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I once had an issue where my car wouldn't start, took my bike to school and said screw if ill deal with it later . (This was in November if i remember as it was cold af outside )
I replaced the starter solenoid to find the same classic click (in a parking lot)

Checked voltage of the battery ,and I had over 12v

I then thought it was related from my command start that I installed a month prior,(40$ system from princess auto)
I soldered everything in mind you, so ended up desoldering the entire system including my anti grind relay I put in as I figured you get what you pay for and it failed

Well after about 6 hrs and being dark out and removing my command start completely and trying a new solenoid , it still had the same issue .

Decided to triple check the battery and found it had like 5 v going to it .
The difference was I put it on the battery cables this time not the posts..

Tightend the battery post and boom . Starts no problem..

I ended up wasting probably 10 hrs for something as simple as a tightening a bolt.

I learned my lesson after that and always Check the easiest thing first . When I train people at work for diagnosing control boards I tell them this story to show why you should never overlook the simplest thing.

Command start still works after 12 years btw LOL and I replaced the battery connections the next day as they were the original and were worn out.

This still haunts me LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back