1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Funny things we do on the holidays...

Posted by DSMJim, Dec 29, 2014

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. DSMJim

DSMJim Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Years and years ago I was a "wiseman" here and a big part of this community. I loved my talon but moved on after a few years. Over the holidays while I have time on my hands (and alcohol in my system) I drift back into the past.

Many years later I own, what I call, the new Talon. My 911 turbo (pics attached) is AWD, Turbo and easy to work on and modify on your own just like my 2G was. Really it's the same car or so many of the same attributes that I loved about the Talon that really to me its the same thing.

Not any faster than my 2g, its 430whp, 480 ft/lbs but that's just a tune on stock motor LOL.

Anyway, blast from the past nobody likely event remembers me but that's all good. Merry Christmas anyways! Cheers.

Attached Files:

685  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.123 @ 114.750 · 2G DSM
  2. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Yeah... you haven't been around in a while. :p I'm sure many of the people you'd remember have long since moved on to bigger and better things.

Nice to see you pop in and say hello, though! Hope the holiday was good to you and the next one will be even better!

3. buhay6

buhay6 Proven Member

Joined Jul 9, 2010
    Delisle, SK, Canada
    I've only bumped into the occasional old threads you posted it back i the day. But either way good to see a "old timer" pop in. maybe you'll get bit by the dsm bug again haha

1K  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.300 @ 98.670 · 1G DSM
  4. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    Eff the DSM if I had a killer porsche like that too. But we desperately need the OG's back that's for sure.

103  3

2015 Ford Edge Sport
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  5. RamenPride

RamenPride Proven Member

Joined Aug 18, 2002
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    I was thinking the same thing.

2K  12

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. dugan33

dugan33 Supporting VIP

Joined Jun 11, 2011
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Every dsmer comes back the dsm scene. Once a dsmer always a dsmer. I can't tell you how many times me or my friends promised ourselves we would leave the dsm game only to buy another project... Just remember, when you come back we will be here for you LOL

Street Build 2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. dugan33

dugan33 Supporting VIP

Joined Jun 11, 2011
    Madison, Wisconsin
    When I sold my dsms I bought a 350z. I vowed never to buy a dsm again with their chincy interior, strange noises, revolving door issues. But here I am several cars on the side later back to that car that made me a homemade mechanic. I still have my 350z but even after spending $5k on performance upgrades and you don't wanna know how much on the body. My 4k invested total new project 1g with just a 16g still pushes more hp on a stock 6 bolt and it's just as reliable as my built procharged 350z. Every car has pros and cons but there's no better bang for buck than a 4g63 dsm.

Attached Files:

Street Build 2K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM

2K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 1G DSM
  8. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    Happy Holidays Jim

4K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  9. LandoAWD

LandoAWD Retired

Joined Jun 13, 2002
    Hillsborough, North Carolina
    Jim, who?

10. DSMJim

DSMJim Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Steve and Lando... Jim who? Common now be nice :)

Happy new year!

685  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.123 @ 114.750 · 2G DSM