The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Funny F&F scene

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefire16

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
So i was just watching Fast and Furious (the original ### it was on tv)

And about 38 min into the movie, when Paul Walker pulls up to Torettos garge with the burnt to hell supra, there is a sign on the outisde of the garage.

It reads, Contractors Pryamid

There is a triangle and on it each side is labeled, FAST, GOOD, and CHEAP

Underneath it says:

Fast+Good= Not Cheap
Fast+Cheap=Not Good
Good+Cheap= Not Fast

Just thought it was kinda funny and wondered how many other people had noticed that?

Ha, thats good, never noticed it in movie, but I have seen a sign like that in a few places, it holds true though.

I never noticed that was there. But that is about the most wise thing in that movie. Although I have heard it more in car terms with fast, cheap, and reliable.

i got it

Attachments

• F&F Image.jpg
    F&F Image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 27
Also what I find funny in that movie was the floor falling out on his N/T than Vin Diesel jumps into the car and doesn't say anything about the missing floor! XD "Hey can you stop going soo fast? My feet are draging on the pavement and its whearing out the tred on my shoes."

They use a couple DSM's in the movie. I noticed the taillights of another in his garage....its black and only see it for like 2 seconds.

More than that. At their alley meet there's a couple.
Orange one with switches, silver Spyder these where at street drag strip. Teal with blitz bodykit when the burnt up Supra had hood pop off and White one getting exhaust putting on in the garage. Black one Letty leaning on and another black one with chrome altezza with strobes, at hector's garage braina broke into.

Did you guys ever listen to one of the interviews where the expert was explaining all of the reasoning for why he did what he did? It was pretty meh but kind of funny at the same time.

For the 420a instead of the 4g63 being used it was because he never actually mentioned it was a GS/GSX or whatever. I watched it the other day and noticed they never even say 4g63 at all, they do in 2 fast 2 furious though.

The nos bottles being under the seat was pure director bullshit but he allowed it to be there because it happens at car shows.

All the bullshit systems the cars had were also forced by the director to be in the movies. Same with all the lame interior/exterior they did through out all the movies.

The famous exhaust manifold thing had different things to it as well. One being stock DSM manifolds break all the time, and cheaply made/welded manifolds usually break welds because of their lack of skill while making them. The whole computer warning thing was also given a reason but it was more BS than anything, all metals are rated for heat and pressure limits, so if you knew a dangerous level you could potentially use something like a EDT that wouldn't melt (good luck) and something to measure the internal pressure (also good luck), but breaking it at a weld wouldn't make the pressure/temp rating on the metal mean anything so that idea pretty much goes out the window.

I kind of feel sorry for their expert because they barely let him do his job. At least he tried to keep it some what true to real life... as much as they would put up with anyhow.

I never noticed that was there. But that is about the most wise thing in that movie.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Did you guys ever listen to one of the interviews where the expert was explaining all of the reasoning for why he did what he did? It was pretty meh but kind of funny at the same time.

For the 420a instead of the 4g63 being used it was because he never actually mentioned it was a GS/GSX or whatever. I watched it the other day and noticed they never even say 4g63 at all, they do in 2 fast 2 furious though.

The nos bottles being under the seat was pure director bullshit but he allowed it to be there because it happens at car shows.

All the bullshit systems the cars had were also forced by the director to be in the movies. Same with all the lame interior/exterior they did through out all the movies.

The famous exhaust manifold thing had different things to it as well. One being stock DSM manifolds break all the time, and cheaply made/welded manifolds usually break welds because of their lack of skill while making them. The whole computer warning thing was also given a reason but it was more BS than anything, all metals are rated for heat and pressure limits, so if you knew a dangerous level you could potentially use something like a EDT that wouldn't melt (good luck) and something to measure the internal pressure (also good luck), but breaking it at a weld wouldn't make the pressure/temp rating on the metal mean anything so that idea pretty much goes out the window.

I kind of feel sorry for their expert because they barely let him do his job. At least he tried to keep it some what true to real life... as much as they would put up with anyhow.

I posted a link to the video you are talking about in another F&F thread on here and you're right that they didn't really let him do his job. One of the things they questioned him about was the Charger doing a burnout while also getting the front end in the air and he basically said he had nothing to do with it. The Supra in the movie also happened to belong to that guy and was a clean car before the directors had it redone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back