The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Funny Compliments, experiences about your car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLUEBLOTCH

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
Amarillo, Texas
Post funny compliments and experiences that you have had when other people react to you car.

mine:
I was inside a store waiting to check out as i watched a guy in a lifted truck(total redneck looking guy) sit there and just look up and down my car. Just eating it up then when I came out acted like he didnt even notice it.

At a stoplight A guy just looked up and down my car and at the wheels, the girl I was with said "wow, you've got a stalker."

When I realized I had a "problem":
I went on business for a week and had to drive a G6 around not to bad really.

I took a girl from a club back to my hotel room and she looked at the desktop on the laptop (my car) I was like "yeah, I cant wait to drive it again!" She laughed and thought it was cute.
The feeling the following hours was almost equal to boost.

Yeah, let's just say some chicks dig boost. Most of my compliments are from chicks which most of time leads to me getting the digits and I won't say what usually happens after that :sneaky: . Most of my stares are from fools in Hondas and other imports thinking their shit is fast and it's usually in traffic or at a traffic light (can't really say what happens after that either:sneaky: ).

Little kids always seem to have something nice to say about my car.

I was driving through a neighborhood as a shortcut to my destination and there was traffic all throughout the neighborhood. Kids were selling lemonade on the side of the road. While i was sitting in traffic next to them they all said "hey I like your car, it's cool". Haha granted it wasn't a bunch of hot women saying it, it was still pretty cool anyway.

1fast97gsx said:
No offense, but I find it unlikely a group of young kids would out of the blue think a 1g stock looking talon looks "cool".

No offense but I dont think people would like the Phalic (or whatever) racing banner you have. :tease:

J/k man.

When I had my black 1GB Talon lots of kids liked it. No love from the ladies. 2g came in a lady and cop love. :cry:

Lol I had a elementary school kid call my car a rice burner the other day..... It was pretty funny for a car thats 90% domestic.

You guys are funny. I just thought of another thing, almost every Fast food Drive-Thru that I go to I seem to get tons of compliments from the employees (mostly the chicks).

RWKustoms said:
You guys are funny. I just thought of another thing, almost every Fast food Drive-Thru that I go to I seem to get tons of compliments from the employees (mostly the chicks).

Ive had nothing but compliments from people on my car. When i had my 97GST..this 8-9 year old girl was walking out of Pizza hut with her dad and she looked at my car and said "look daddy, its a race car" "I want it"..LOL. Most other compliments ive recieved have been from sexy females, who just wanted to take pictures next to it. Had this one nice busty white girl want her picture taken of her posing on it, and wanted me to send her the pics through her email. LOL, great way to keep in touch and get to know her ;). I also had some LS1 guys give me compliments on such a clean car. And there are dozens of little kids that say "hey nice car" everywhere i drive. All in all, i get alot of looks everywhere I go, wether good or bad.

MCDGexx said:
Lol I had a elementary school kid call my car a rice burner the other day..... It was pretty funny for a car thats 90% domestic.

eh, the pudgy little book worms..down here in VA every little brat and his friend want a CRX with an H22. They tend to talk about smoking V8's and all that crap..yeah ok :rolleyes:

One day when giving my cousin a ride home from school, seeing me shift fast he asked me... "Is this a race car?" ROFL

1fast97gsx said:
No offense, but I find it unlikely a group of young kids would out of the blue think a 1g stock looking talon looks "cool".
yeah i'm lying just to make myself look even cooler.

the kids on my street know my car by now... they'll see me getting in, and ill just hear "I WANNA HEAR THE WHOOSH" :) but 1g's get love too...

i usually get em, drive thru, lights, or just meets.

-az-

this sat we picked up our 1990 gst parts car, in gilroy, it was a long drive and we took our friends 87 ford f250 7 liter turbo deisel. it "weighs 9 tons" dunno if it really does or that was an exaduration, but this 18 year old friend of ours had no problems towing the gst at all, so it had some weight to it. he also burned out while going up hill towing the gst, in reverse, so you can guess how much power this catless, mufflerless 7 liter monster was pumping out. anyways, on the way there I was in the back seat, and saw a TRICKED OUT scion tc. honestly, if you own one of these cars and put any money into it whatsoever, shoot yourself, NOW. anyways, I give him the good ol' rock on hook em horns sign with my hand while bobing my head. the driver and passenger immediatly face forward like they didnt even notice us, then the person sitting in the back does the same, and as they pass us the guy in the back flipped us off.

now on the way back, we have the gst on the back. its got its nice blue paint with aftermarket rims, really a steal at 600 dollars, with all the parts we got with it. anyways, EVERYONE is stearing at our ride. I made a lot of faces at people, its a long ride, and GOD DAMN IT IM 17 YEARS OLD AND I'LL ACT LIKE IT IF I WANT TOO. anyways, this red integra pulls up next to us with its fart can of glory and starts reving his engine, then he drops it into whatever gear he put it in and takes off. wow, your trying to race an old, rust brown truck thats CARRYING a fast car. hmm your smart...it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. you had to be there.

1fast97gsx said:
does anyone have a graphic that says, STUPIDEST COMMENT OF THE DAY in big bold letters?

I hear most of my commpliments from the passenger seat of my car. whats even weirder is that they tend to happen at a time when I can no longer see the person that was sitting there. then at the next stop light I look over and say "where did you go?" they normally answer with, "basically, the backseat"

maybe these kids know the difference between a car with a bodykit, and a car that doesn't need one.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. wait until you guys have a fuggin 4 door boxy thing.
haha i was driving the GVR4 around my town and some guy in a V6 mustang was like man that is a nice looking Tracer. he kept talking and saying how his friend had a Tracer and he wanted to supercharge it i just slowly put the window up.
I also went to the local highway to hit up some races. Some guy had a VW Corrado that was turbocharged. he looked at me and kept driving and when i downshifted and ripped past him he drove up and had the look of what the f*** is that. priceless.
Was cruising down that same highway and was chasing a civic hatch. We rolled up to a light and it went green right away so i took off in 2nd. i let him catch up and he gave me the thumbs up. I was like WTF, is this guy being sarcastic? We hit another light and he rolls his window, and so do i. He is like man that is the cleanest galant i have ever seen, and blah blah blah, he really digged it. last thing he says is i have my dsmtuners sweatshirt on and he shows me. i laugh and hold mine up, and we went on our ways.
also some local kid with a mkIII supra says he envy's me and my car. why? i dont know.

The funniest comment that i have heard for my car was ...

What kind of car is it?
-Its a Eagle Talon
I never heard of it...is it european

i was like WTF OMG :nono: :tease: LOL :cool:

that made my day:cool:

:dsm: :talon: :laser:

Well id unno if this is funny or not but ill share anyways.

My car get looks damn near all the time.... mostly people in worse vehicles or people who feel threatend. I also seem to attract alooks from alot of kids and girls (###### cuse i give 'em a BOIV salute) but yeah....

i was picking one of my brothers up from his JR. High and was sitting outside blasting music (gotta fit in with the crowd). Im sittin there and my brother gets in and like about 20 of his friends come up to the side of the car and start looking at it wispering to eachother and smilin n shit. They start saking questions like "what is it?" and "does it have nos?" but the funniest thing someone asked was right after i told them it was an eclipse GSX and explained it was a turbo AWD. The kid asked "what is AWD? does it help you burnout?" WTF

Then i had to explain that i couldnt burnout because all the tires drive the car.

Another time that i thought was pretty funny was when it was like 3am and i was driving some of my cusins folsk to a denys cuse we were all hungry. Well one of the guys was talking about how my shit aint fast so i said "well ill show you just how fast it is". We get to a main road and nothing is in sight. No ones around (this road is straight and flat feild area surrounding it) I get to a red and start staging for a fat launch (i have me, my older brother and two guys in the back). Get it around 4 grand and slip the clutch and take the #### off..... needless to say i scared the shit out of everyone in the car and they all started to freak out once i hit 120.

Freaking hillarious.

The little kid my gf babysits calls my car a racecar, i'm sure that's just because of the giant riced out wing I've got on it. The weirdest one was having a guy in his 30s-40s saying he liked my car, just because usually those guys are into making cars fast not changing their looks, that and he was driving a nice sedan, benz bimmer, i don't remember. His compliment very much caught me by surprise

about two weeks ago i was talking to a cop, telling him about my eclipse and how i wrecked...he was asking me if it was the one on this one street (which it was) and he says, "yea, that was a nice car!" (i didn't think it was that nice but thats just me...not turbo or anything)

Almost forgot, at a meet a few guys were there all ready then a nice black 2dr g35 pulls up, parks, gets out, and introduces himself as Oldman. Then pretty much the next thing he does after introductions is look at my car and say "Who's rice burner is this?"

i dont know if you guys ever get this but when i first met my girlfriend i had talked to her on the phone before and she asked me what kind of car i had and i told her a '95 eclipse, and she was like "oh, is it nice?" and of course i said yes. that weekend i met her at the mall and when we come out and i walk up to my car she was like "thats your car? thats so nice!" :dsm:

Mustang GT : Damn usually I smoke these things WTF
me : .. I bet :tease:
Mustang GT : What do you got in there?
me : 4 banger mother ****er

Not another word was said LoL owned by a :dsm: :shhh:

When I had my 93 TSi FWD I rolled up on a WRX at a stop light.
He looked over at me like I was some piece of trash, so I gave it a little rev to see what happened.. He rolls down his window and says "want to race? We'll do a roll from 40 so you don't have to worry about me beating you too bad.." (my car didn't have any stickers on it, so maybe he thought it was N/A?) Anyways, we get up to 40mph and he gives the 1-2-3, I dropped down to 2nd and punched it. My tires broke loose and then all he saw was the ass end of my car. I had about 4 car lengths on him before I decided it was enough...

At the next light he rolls the window back down and says, "Holy $H!T, what do you have done to that car!?"

I return.. about $400 bucks worth of DIY parts! (I didn't tell him about the profec B I was stashing in my dummy slot underneath the radio...)

It's always nice when you take a car that you paid $2k for and make the $22k car look bad...

I usually get "clean car" or "nice 1G" if they are in the know. Other than that it will be a comment from someone ignorant, like you "must have 20k into that thing to that fast."

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back