The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

funniest compliment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalatinromeo

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2004
Fair Lawn, New_Jersey
i am used to getting the same old compliment. "nice car." "your car looks hott.", and all the regular ones. but today i got a different one.

i had just finished washing the talon. wash, wax, tires & rims, vacuum & polished the interior. car was looking great :thumb: so i drive to pathmark(for those that don't know the local supermarket), park and i'm letting the car cool down, when an old man in his 60's or 70's comes up to my window and tells me why didn't you buy two. i'm like huh, and i give him a look like i'm a bit confused. he goes you know one car for me and one car for you. this is a beautiful car. i'm like thanks. he asks me what kind of car this is? and tells me once more that the car is beautiful.

just wanted to share that. anyone else have some stories like this??

Somebody told my brother that they like the convertable Miatas better.

My brother owns an RX-7.

I was getting gas one day, and this guy and his 5 year old kid pull up next to me, and they get out to go inside. Then the kid says, "daddy, that car is awesome" and then the dad says to me, "my son is impressed, you have a really nice car." im like, thanks :)

The best compliment I ever got was from a cop. Summer night, convertible top down, just cruising a stretch of dark deserted road and not paying attention. He pulled me over after I stopped at light. First thing he says when he walks up to me is, "Nice car, did you know I followed you back there doing 60 in a 35?"
I act humble and admit I'm stupid for going that fast. He checks my paperwork and hands them back saying, "That's a real nice car you got there, drive safe and try to keep it under 100."
Some cops like DSM's :thumb:

The first day I bought my tib, I was driving it and some girls screamed out that they wanted to have sex with me...they were trailor trash tho. :cry:

I get the usualy compliments from kids around town, nice car, awsome car, you know, the usual... but the best was i was coming home from class, passed a kid pulling outta a apartment complex, i stop at the light to turn left, and he pulls up next to me, i look over and he says, awsome car man, nice and clean, as i'm saying thanks, his girl in the passenger seat just gives me this look, "I'd rather be in your passenger seat." kinda sexxy glare to go along with it :sneaky: I give her this wink, and the guy gives me the strangest look ROFL made my day

^That was funny LOL!

1g's can't get no lovin huh? :coy:

I don't think I have a funny comment I got, I usually just get stares from people trying to figure out what the hell I'm driving. Someone called it a spaceship though...

Drive a 240z around town for the day and see how many compliments you get. When I had mine I got mauled at the gas pumps " ah man I love those cars" or "I always wanted one of those" "Hey man you do a v-8 swap yet?" An old Z is a head turner. Yeah I love 2g's, but those cars had lines that everyone loves.... and everyone "knew" someone who used to own one. I still have people in my neighborhood asking when I'll be breaking it out to drive it around :cry: I got rid of it 2 years ago :cry: :cry: "Man thats too bad, it was sweet, you should have sold it to me."

dalatinromeo said:
i had just finished washing the talon. wash, wax, tires & rims, vacuum & polished the interior. car was looking great :thumb: so i drive to pathmark(for those that don't know the local supermarket

Haha that store is still open? It went out of business in my area like 8 years ago...nobody ever went there...I thought they were totally defunct.

I love the people who compliment your car but don't have a clue WTF it is.

sjgYFZ200 said:
^That was funny LOL!

1g's can't get no lovin huh? :coy:

I don't think I have a funny comment I got, I usually just get stares from people trying to figure out what the hell I'm driving. Someone called it a spaceship though...

Yeah i know right :(

At least you guys don't have a Laser. :(

1996TalonEsi said:
I was getting gas one day, and this guy and his 5 year old kid pull up next to me, and they get out to go inside. Then the kid says, "daddy, that car is awesome" and then the dad says to me, "my son is impressed, you have a really nice car." im like, thanks :)

You know you've got a nice car when a little kid gives you compliments! I was sitting outside of a grocery store right next to the curb like where most people do temporary parking (waiting for my friend that had run in and grab something). I had my sunroof open so I could hear what was going on outside, but my windows were up and it was at night. Now I have 5% black window tint, so nobody knew I was in there, but the car was running. Next thing I know, a dad and a little kid maybe 6 years old come walking out of the store. The first thing I hear out of the kid's mouth is, "WHOA! Daddy look at that! It's awesome!". So I turn around to see what he's talking about and I see the kid pointing at my car :) I tell you, there is no better feeling than when something like that happens. I honestly had a smile on my face the rest of the night.

I love my DSM :thumb: :dsm:

My best compliment was actually on the road. By a bunch of kids in the back of an SUV. I could see them in the back looking and pointing at my car. So when the light turns green I get beside the back windows, they are still looking and smiling, I give them a thumbs up, and then give them what they want.....I floor it. I dont think I've ever gotten a compliment like that, although I dont get alot of compliments because I own a 1g.

Everytime I drive by these little kids in my neighborhood in my 3G they yell out "Nice car!!". I usually give them a wave and drive away smiling. Little kids are the best :thumb:

evil6remlin said:
Everytime I drive by these little kids in my neighborhood in my 3G they yell out "Nice car!!". I usually give them a wave and drive away smiling. Little kids are the best :thumb:

^^^agreed, kids have the best reactions, they are not like some older people who may think its a very nice car but the never say anything, kids are always just OMG and say whats on their mind.

I felt bad because one day I was driving my dad's 1980 Vette and this kid riding his bike was paying more attention to the Vette than his riding. I watched him just wipe out hard core in my rear-view. I turned around and helped him out, made sure he was ok, he didn't notcie me pull up. He got up and I asked him if his was ok, he was crying, and his hands were bleeding, but as soon as he saw the Vette again the crying instantly stopped. And then came the compliments...you know how they go... Well we locked up his bike and I gave him a ride home, for a kid having just crashed on his bike and his hands bleeding he sure smiled a lot. got to his house and then come the "what happened" and the "who are you" questions, then the car questions and compliments....

You also know you got a nice car when random people drop what ever it is they are doing, smile and wave

Another compliment my dad and I got today about the Vette was from a little kid, "WOW, A WHITE BAT-MOBILE!!!" we had a good laugh about that one

couple stories

i've been told how clean my car looks, but that's from the former good side, now both sides have primer on them...anyway, i've been told my car is fast by a couple cops now also. one time I was late on my way to pizza hut where I delivered pizzas and was at this light right near work and I did a first and second gear full acceleration and what do you know was behind me a couple cars at the light, an unmarked state trooper, luckily he was nice about it, I told him I was late for work, he gave me a warning and I told him i'd hook him up next time I saw him at the hut. which I did, well I asked him when he wanted to line up the cop car with me jokingly, and he was like, are you kidding, i've seen you drive that thing, no way:).

that was one..and the second time I was bsing with a friend in his buddies ford ranger at a stop light here in ny, just moving up here like a week ago. I didn't know he was going to gun it, and he pulled ahead as I was like, ah shit, no way am I being made to look bad by a ranger, so I got into second and quickly pulled like 4 car lengths on him and then next thing I saw was some flashing lights in the rearview, he gets behing my friend in the ranger, and i'm like sweet, he's getting him, then all of a sudden my buddy pulls over into a plaza parking lot and I keep goin and the cop creeps up behind me. So I pull over and he pulls in behind me in this bank parking lot. and his car is smoking from under the hood, and the cop gets out of the car all frantic yelling, "I blew my radiator chasing after you" so he pops the hood, and i'm sitting there, he starts asking me questions, and I was like, officer I was just fooling around with him, if I were racing I would have beat him by a lot more then that, it's a ranger. I stopped as soon as I shifted into 3rd gear in a 45mph zone, so I was going like 55. so I ask the officer if I can take a look under his hood, and next thing you know, I was trying to fix this cop car that broke while chasing me. he was a real nice guy, I thought it was a coolant leak, but I saw no coolant coming from any lines, and it was at night so I couldn't see much. and he let me off with a warning, and said my car was very clean(proves it was at night since he didn't see the spot of primer on the one side, with the other side being bondo'd and primered also. he also said I should take a test in dec. to become a police officer in the area. wished me good luck in the area and told me what cops to avoid on what streets. :thumb:

I always get little kids on bikes telling me to do burnouts. :tease:

The best I had was when I had my Jeep- It was a cherokee lifted 4.5" on 32" tires- and I remember a little kid pointed at my jeep all excited and goes "mommy mommy look its a monster truck!" I used to LOVE monster trucks when I was abou his age, and I did the same thing all the time back then---thus it's probably the best compliment about a car I've ever had.

The funniest compliment I've ever gotten was from a guy I raced, who told me my car "Bograted out of the hole"
I'm jealous of all the 2g love in this thread... damn bubbly sob's... ROFL

I got a 2g but i have BIGGGG 1G LOVE i love them, they got character like the fc rx7 :) but the best was in my 92 integra , it was primered on a few spots including right in front of the drivers door and i had this family pull up and the little kid points to my skull and cross bones painted on the side and started giggling and smiling at it haha :cool: but yes the typical beautiful front and rear end and line compliments on the 2g also :thumb:

I get alot of compliments form little kids.... the funniest thing i have ever heard about it though was something my lil brother told me. First ill give you some backround info.

My lil brother is 13 and is one of those popluar kids kinda. Hes a skater that is all up into b-ball so damn near everyone likes him.... anywho, i go to pick him up a couple times in front of his school and some of his bois says whatsup..... they tell me that the car is hella clean [eventhough i hadn't washed it for like 2 weeks] and ask if it has NOS. I told them about how its illeagal in CA and whatnot and they give there last comments on how its sick as all hell. Then later i found from my lil bro that this girl he knows is spreading this rumor that she goes out with me all because she saw my car.... LOL i was like WTF and i just got another email from my brother tellin me that shes still saying that.

BGRIPTP said:
I always get little kids on bikes telling me to do burnouts. :tease:

i had a 95 t-bird with true dual cruzing uptown, i was told to burn'em., i was like um no so i keep going came back and they yelled it again,but this time burnem pxxxy. so i locked em up smokedem for the whole city block, got pulled over by a cop on a bike.opps.

but on another note with my lifted 98 dodge 4x4 i hear little kids saying ooooooo a monster truck. and i leave with a big smile on my face.

i gotten several compliments with the talon, there like nice car what is it, and when i tell them its a talon, there like whats that. so i tell them its like an eclipes. then there like OOOOOOOOO ok, nice car. they asked me if it has a body kit and where i got the front bumper at. i tell nope its all stock

Well, since we're on the topic of compliments... Compliments from younger kids always make my day, but the best ones are when you make assholes crash because they're looking at your car instead of the road. That happened to me a couple months ago.

I had a kid ask me if my car was in the Fast and the Furious. ROFL

Alot of people ask me if I have NOS. Kids point as say "look at the race car" LOL. The neighborhood kids all ask me if they can drive it when they turn 16. NO :nono:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back