The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

funky smell after installing my exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk97eclipse

Probationary Member
Mar 30, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I installed a tsudo n1 2.5 exhaust from cat to the tip. I did not replace the cat. Everything went smooth during the installation and it sounds nice.

When I was driving around with my girl she noticed an odd smell when I was at a sit still at a light or in traffic ect. She said it smelled like burned rubber. She never said anything or noticed any smell like this with my stock exhaust. I cannot smell oddly enough so I am going from what she says.

If someone could clue me in onto what this might be and how I could fix it that would be great. Thanks for your time.

dont worry about it had the same smell, actually still do somewhat (200 miles after tsudo catback install) dont worry about it.

blk97eclipse said:
I installed a tsudo n1 2.5 exhaust from cat to the tip. I did not replace the cat. Everything went smooth during the installation and it sounds nice.

When I was driving around with my girl she noticed an odd smell when I was at a sit still at a light or in traffic ect. She said it smelled like burned rubber. She never said anything or noticed any smell like this with my stock exhaust. I cannot smell oddly enough so I am going from what she says.

If someone could clue me in onto what this might be and how I could fix it that would be great. Thanks for your time.

haha thanks for posting this bro. I was JUST about to post the same thing. I got my Tsudo catback exhaust installed today, and the SAME thing is happening to me. :)

newbies LOL.. smells like pancakes i love that smell....

mine smells terrific! 2.75" down pipe -> 3" mandrel bent piping -> 3" Tanabe Racing Medalian Muffler..... MMMmm MMmMMM Smells great! Smells like Turbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back