The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Full turbo back exhaust materials needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

____Kurt____

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2009
North, New_Jersey
I have looked and couldn't find an answer yet. Before I place an expensive order I would like some other insite to make sure I know what I need.
Goal: make a full custom Turbo back that will out last the car. I want to do this once and leave it. These are the materials I have picked out and it might be excessive but I'm not sure. This is the first custom exhaust I will be doing and I want all the right materials and bends and what not.
This is a topmount turbo setup

3 v band assemblies
autoplicity.com

tubing and mandrels
Shopping Cart - Verocious Motorsports

1: 4' length straight
1: 8' length straight
2: 180* bends
4: 90* bends with long legs
1: 8" flex pipe
2: o2 sensor bungs

are you planning on making it fit into the stock location or is it going to sit lower and be straighter?
if your going for lower and straighter i would say you dont need that many bends... and what are you using the 8" of flex pipe for?

I would prefer as far away from the ground as possible. 8" flex pipe was what they have in stock. What would you suggest for a flex and why? Thanks

2: 180* bends
4: 90* bends with long legs

I would go with just 180* bends (4 total) I would imagine it would be cheaper. You only need about 10 ft of straight tubing (or less).

I built a DP back with 2x 5ft straights. I had like 3-4 ft left over.

For the flex section, just take what they have in stock. 8in seems reasonable. Your motor shouldn't really move that much even if it was a 4in flex I would think that would be fine. People with solid mounts even run exhausts without flex.

I assume you are going all vband, one at the turbo, one where the DP would split, and one where the muffler would split?

As said before hangers are nice.

unless you are certain about the 90* bends I would leave them out. you can always cut a 90 from the 180's.

If you want the long legs, I would remeausre your lengths, maybe pull the oem exhaust and measure it with a string/wire. Count the bends and angles you want, count the overall length of the string. get enought straight to account for most of the string. round the sum of the angles up to the nearest 180, and maybe add 180* get that number of bends.

If money is not too tight, you can over estimate a bit.

As mentioned about the hangers, I will SS round stock so I wont need to buy any. I did think about the 180's only and no 90's but I have to see what will be cheaper. Saving money is always at the top of my list because money is an object but sometimes I can afford to do a little overkill ( like spending $800 to build a custom 3.5" exhaust).
I planned on buying 3 V-Band assemblies. I have poly mounts so whatever flex-pipe they have will do (smaller is preferable).
Need to make a DP for this. What bends do you think I will need? Alternator is relocated but I will be running PS.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

for the downpipe probably only 2 90s, on my setup i just bought 15feet of straight tubing and used pie cuts to make all my bends

The motor will be going in this weekend and I will be doing the DP next weekend. I think I will be using a 180 U at least for the DP but we will see what is best. I wish there was an easy way to see where the tubing needs to get cut before actually cutting it, I think the only was it to just eye it up and wing it. Any input?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back