The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Full boost at 3,500 Rpms HELP PLEASE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumbwaters

Probationary Member
Aug 14, 2022
Washington
I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx and I’ve recently got it running now once going on the road when it hits 3,500 or sometime at 4,000 rpm’s I start to get full boost and my car doesn’t want to go any higher and it starts to struggle a lot I’ve already checked the spark plugs, fuel injectors and even the vacuum solenoid I still can’t find the problem and I’m starting to get frustrated I just want to know how can I find that problem and fix it. Please and thank you!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

when I go to 3,500 rpm in all gears I can see my boost gauge go all the way up and my car doesn’t want to give no more power it starts to struggle a lot

That factory boost gauge is not real - it's only what the ECU computes the boost should be. So it doesn't see any boost leaks. Check all the intake air clamps to be tight. Throttle body (TB) shaft seals are a typical air leak spot as well as intake mani and TB gaskets. You can spray soapy water on suspected areas (or even WD40) to see results. Often a change in engine rpm will occur (especially with WED40) if there's a leak. If can't find anything then do a boost leak test: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/boost-leak-test-how-to-with-boostpro-net-tester.169435/.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back