The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

General Fueltech FT450 ECU in a 1G - Who has this and what are your opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh_JDTRacing_com

Probationary Member
Nov 4, 2019
Pawtucket, Rhode_Island
I recently purchased a Fueltech FT450 ECU with Harness, sensors, Smart Coils. I'm curious to see who else has went with a Fueltech in their DSM and what if any issues did you have?

Any regrets? Any advice you can give someone installing one of these for the first time.

I have a 1990 Eclipse GSX, current parts list is as follows and new parts I am putting in are at the bottom.

- 6 Bolt Block
- Wiseco Pistons
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods
- 22mm Wrist Pin’s
- Fluidampr Crank Pulley
- FFWD Cylinder Head
- Supertech Dual Valve Springs
- Kelford 272 Cams
- 1mm Oversized Valves
- Cast T3 Manifold
- Holset HY35 Turbocharger
- TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
- TiAL Blow Off Valve
- Spearco 28”x10”x4” Intercooler
- Custom 2.5” Intercooler Piping
- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
- Fuel Injector Clinic 1650cc Injectors
- Walbro 525lph Hellcat Fuel Pump
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Fuelab 8AN Filter w/ Stainless Element
- 8AN Braided Fuel Feed Line
- 8AN Braided Fuel Return Line
- Custom 3” Downpipe
- Custom 3” Exhaust
- RRT Motorsport Transmission
- Clutchmasters Twin Disk Clutch
- Clutchmasters Steel Flywheel
- Clutchmasters Hydraulic Release Bearing
- 4 Bolt Rear End
- Solid Shifter Cable Bushings
- Border Custom Full Coilover Drag Suspension
- CTSV 4 Piston Brembo Calipers
- 13" EBC Rotors
- CTSVBrakeSwap.com Adapter Plates
- StopTech EVO Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- AEM Wideband
- AEM Boost Gauge
- AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
- AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
- AEM Water Temperature Gauge
- AEM Speedometer
- ECMLink V3 - Speed Density on Flex Fuel
- Tuned by Kenny Kline

New parts going in,
- FuelTech FT450 w/ Full Harness
- Davies Craig EWP150 Electric Water Pump w/Thermatic Fan Controller
- Civic 3 Pass Aluminum Radiator 1/2 Size w/ 16AN Inlet/Outlet
- Frontline Fabrication Water Pump Delete
- Frontline Fabrication Thermostat Housing
- 16AN Stainless Steel Braided Coolant Lines
- JMF Fuel Rail
- Custom Turbo Manifold
- TiAL 46mm Wastegate
- TiAL 50mm Q Blow Off Valve
- Custom RAC Dual Ball Bearing Turbo (good for 800HP)
- New Larger 4" Thick Intercooler

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen anyone running it but it IS a good setup. Are you good with setting it up and tuning it or do you have someone that can tune (should be easy) a FuelTech system?
I like the idea myself and am watching to see if ANYONE has had any DSM experience or even experience with it in any other vehicle so we would all no the ups and downs of it.
Marty

I have seen a few people running them on DSM's. One of them in the 7's that you can see on YouTube here >
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Tons of Honda guys are running very fast with them and I wanted something that had a Dash instead of a laptop. It was such a pain in the ass trying to use ECMLink on a Windows Surface while driving. Having everything on one screen I feel will be one of the greatest benefits. I just wish there was more information available on using the FuelTech with a DSM.

I received everything today and the harness is extremely well made and everything is labeled so it seems pretty straight forward. I just ordered a JMF Drag Intake Manifold, JMF Fuel Rail and S90 Throttle Body today, I should have this stuff in 2 days. Now I am going to start removing all the existing stuff (AEM Gauges, Intake Manifold, etc that is in the car now that the new stuff is replacing.

Looking forward to finally getting this car dialed in and finished.

I should be fairly okay with setting up a base tune and then I am going to take it to either Dynotech in Seekonk, MA or RRT in Connecticut. Not 100% sure yet.

One of the larger projects I want to do for the Talon is an electronic wastegate, but I'm not sure how I'd integrate the Turbosmart electronic wastegate within link to monitor that. I've also seen Kyle from BoostedBoiz uses FuelTech and that wastegate combo and have had great results.

One of the larger projects I want to do for the Talon is an electronic wastegate, but I'm not sure how I'd integrate the Turbosmart electronic wastegate within link to monitor that. I've also seen Kyle from BoostedBoiz uses FuelTech and that wastegate combo and have had great results.
I want to go with an electronic wastegate as well and that is also due to seeing Kyle from BoostedBoiz use it at Fueltech and how the FuelTech ECU has a built in feature to calibrate the wastegate and how well it worked for them. I thought that was amazing how quickly it did the calibration, only 5 or 6 seconds. That compared to Turbosmart directions which would take 20-30 minutes and involves taking apart the wastegate. I will stick with the auto calibrate.

Yesterday I took the rest of the parts off the engine that are going to be replaced. Now I need to remove the Dash and all the AEM gauges and wiring to make room for all the Fueltech components. Will post some updates as I go along!!

I recently purchased a Fueltech FT450 ECU with Harness, sensors, Smart Coils. I'm curious to see who else has went with a Fueltech in their DSM and what if any issues did you have? Any regrets? Any advice you can give someone installing one of these for the first time.

I have a 1990 Eclipse GSX, current parts list is as follows and new parts I am putting in are at the bottom.

- 6 Bolt Block
- Wiseco Pistons
- Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Rods
- 22mm Wrist Pin’s
- Fluidampr Crank Pulley
- FFWD Cylinder Head
- Supertech Dual Valve Springs
- Kelford 272 Cams
- 1mm Oversized Valves
- Cast T3 Manifold
- Holset HY35 Turbocharger
- TiAL 38mm External Wastegate
- TiAL Blow Off Valve
- Spearco 28”x10”x4” Intercooler
- Custom 2.5” Intercooler Piping
- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
- Fuel Injector Clinic 1650cc Injectors
- Walbro 525lph Hellcat Fuel Pump
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Fuelab 8AN Filter w/ Stainless Element
- 8AN Braided Fuel Feed Line
- 8AN Braided Fuel Return Line
- Custom 3” Downpipe
- Custom 3” Exhaust
- RRT Motorsport Transmission
- Clutchmasters Twin Disk Clutch
- Clutchmasters Steel Flywheel
- Clutchmasters Hydraulic Release Bearing
- 4 Bolt Rear End
- Solid Shifter Cable Bushings
- Border Custom Full Coilover Drag Suspension
- CTSV 4 Piston Brembo Calipers
- 13" EBC Rotors
- CTSVBrakeSwap.com Adapter Plates
- StopTech EVO Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
- AEM Wideband
- AEM Boost Gauge
- AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
- AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
- AEM Water Temperature Gauge
- AEM Speedometer
- ECMLink V3 - Speed Density on Flex Fuel
- Tuned by Kenny Kline

New parts going in,
- FuelTech FT450 w/ Full Harness
- Davies Craig EWP150 Electric Water Pump w/ Thermatic Fan Controller
- Civic 3 Pass Aluminum Radiator 1/2 Size w/ 16AN Inlet/Outlet
- Frontline Fabrication Water Pump Delete
- Frontline Fabrication Thermostat Housing
- 16AN Stainless Steel Braided Coolant Lines
- JMF Fuel Rail
- Custom Turbo Manifold
- TiAL 46mm Wastegate
- TiAL 50mm Q Blow Off Valve
- Custom RAC Dual Ball Bearing Turbo (good for 800HP)
- New Larger 4" Thick Intercooler
Is you car running? How it goes on fueltech? How to do handle knock sensor control?

Eu utilizarei uma Fueltech FT 450 em um Eclipse 1995 2g aqui no Brasil.
Injeções fueltech no Brasil são extremamente populares e consideradas de extrema qualidade. Podem utilizar sem medo que serão totalmente eficientes.

"I will use a Fueltech FT 450 in a 1995 2g Eclipse here in Brazil.
Fueltech injections in Brazil are extremely popular and considered to be of extreme quality. You can use it without fear and it will be completely efficient."

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to go with an electronic wastegate as well and that is also due to seeing Kyle from BoostedBoiz use it at Fueltech and how the FuelTech ECU has a built in feature to calibrate the wastegate and how well it worked for them. I thought that was amazing how quickly it did the calibration, only 5 or 6 seconds. That compared to Turbosmart directions which would take 20-30 minutes and involves taking apart the wastegate. I will stick with the auto calibrate.

Yesterday I took the rest of the parts off the engine that are going to be replaced. Now I need to remove the Dash and all the AEM gauges and wiring to make room for all the Fueltech components. Will post some updates as I go along!!
The tial gates designed for co2 work much faster, and maybe more importantly longer than electronic gates.

Estou utilizando uma Fueltech FT 450 no meu eclipse 2g.
Entretanto, para quem vai adquirir o produto, sugiro escolher a FT 550 ou FT 600.
Devido a quantidade de entradas e saídas limitadas da FT 450, estou precisando abrir mão de algumas coisas existentes no meu carro para que ela possa substituir por completo a minha ECU original.

De qualquer forma, o produto funciona perfeitamente bem.

"I'm using a Fueltech FT 450 on my eclipse 2g.
However, for those who are going to purchase the product, I suggest choosing the FT 550 or FT 600.
Due to the limited number of inputs and outputs of the FT 450, I need to give up some existing things in my car so that it can completely replace my original ECU.

Anyway, the product works perfectly well."

Estou utilizando uma Fueltech FT 450 no meu eclipse 2g.
Entretanto, para quem vai adquirir o produto, sugiro escolher a FT 550 ou FT 600.
Devido a quantidade de entradas e saídas limitadas da FT 450, estou precisando abrir mão de algumas coisas existentes no meu carro para que ela possa substituir por completo a minha ECU original.

De qualquer forma, o produto funciona perfeitamente bem.

"I'm using a Fueltech FT 450 on my eclipse 2g.
However, for those who are going to purchase the product, I suggest choosing the FT 550 or FT 600.
Due to the limited number of inputs and outputs of the FT 450, I need to give up some existing things in my car so that it can completely replace my original ECU.

Anyway, the product works perfectly well."
+1 on that, I would not even consider the 450. I went with the 550 on my car and I'm extremely happy with it. If going that far to rewire the car ,why limit yourself with the lack in I/O on the 450.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back