The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General FuelTech Dash & Harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHSTII

Proven Member
Jul 1, 2021
Nashville, Tennessee
Hey folks!

Anyone running on the FuelTech dash/ecu and wiring? How hard was it to install? Was it worth it?

Car has a lot of improperly spliced wires from before my ownership, and I’m not very experienced despite being up to the challenge.

In a position in which I should properly either replace it with an OEM harness (which fortunately includes ECMLink in my case), or maybe it would be worth it to learn a more modern system, especially if it truly is as “plug and play” as possible.

How much did you have to take apart? How difficult was it to reach everything? I want to be successful the first time.

I figure this is also the best way to potentially really understand my particular car’s nervous system.

Just let me know.

Thanks!

I haven't personally used the Fueltech but I've converted to Link g4+, redone a harness, removed a harness etc. Any aftermarket ecu will be the same difficulty to install. Just understand that most sensors are just power, ground, signal and every car/dsm will use the same sensors. If you feel like it's just too much then you can always get plug-n-play Link ecu or Haltech and use your existing harness. If you want Fueltech etc that isn't plug-n-play then you can have Ohm Racing or maybe Rywire make you a plug-n-harness for about $1500. Once you understand that a harness is just a bunch of power, ground and signal wires for about 10 things it becomes less burdensome on your mind and less mysterious.

I run it in a 1995 GSX and a 1959 Renault 4CV with a 3800 V6. If you are competent, it isn’t bad to wire. This is not a plug and play system. If you are a bolt on kind of guy, this isn’t for you.

Purely objective. However, compared to just about all the other computers I have played with or could afford, this is THE ONE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back