The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuelab fuel filters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandman817

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2010
Lower Fairfield, Connecticut
So i am going to be purchasing my fuel filter, lines and AFPR today. I was just wondering which fuel filter is should go with. I think going with the bigger fuel filter they sell is a better idea since it will filter out the fuel longer than the short one. Should i go with the regular fuel lab filter or should i get the longer one? Also, will the -6an fitting on the filter screw directly onto the factory feed line that goes to the filter? Thank you!

You will need the adapter which converts the stock line to 6an and then a line to go from the filter to the rail. Going with the normal filter will be fine as a lot of people run them with no issues.

Well i was going to run the billet fuel filter to rail kit, since my stock feed line from the filter is trashed and would like to upgrade since the build in currently working on already has alot of time and money invested so i would like to do it right the first time around

I've been debating doing this as well, The stock filter is just a pain in the ass to get to seal right and get in. An fittings just seem a lot easier and more secure.

Let me know how it works out.

Alright man i will definetly let you know it goes, and ill post up some pictures once i get the filter installed along with the line, since the motor is currently out of the car.

Im realllllly thinking about getting the fuel tank to billet fuel filter to fuel rail but im not sure if i want to spend the extra 215 dollars on top of the afpr kit im going to purchase.

I was also looking at the tank to rail SS kit from STM and it's pretty tempting. My lines under the car look like crap and some have rust that scares me a little. But then at the same time, my car won't see another winter for a long time (If the DD doesn't take a dump) (Knocks on wood)

yeah im really debating going with this kit along with the AFPR kit but im not sure if i want to drop all that money on the kit if i don'nt have to. But i guess it is a good idea to have a solid fuel system setup. Since i still need to pick up injectors and Link i was trying to decide if i want to hold out on the tank to rail kit but i think i may just try to get them all! I am not going to be purchasing injectors untill i have enough money to buy link along with it so i can install them and then compensate right away.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back