The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

fuel system??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96797GST

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2010
Pearl City, Hawaii
i want to upgrade my fuel system. can someone help me out with like a step by step of what i need to buy and do. im running a big 16g and when i reach my boost the ecu cuts it. im guessing cause of the fuel im running too lean. thanks for all the help. im a :tease:noob this is my fist FI/DSM car. thanks again

You want my opinion on your build order for a fuel system setup to support a 16g, you got it. I'm not sure what type of fuel you plan on running so I'll post up the parts you'd need to run E85 as well.

1. EPROM ECU / dsmlink V3
2. AEM UEGO wideband
3. Evo VIII/IX 560cc fuel injectors OR 1000cc if you plan on running E85
4. Evo IX fuel pump OR Walbro 255 HP if you plan on running E85

(If you do get the Walbro 255 you'll also need to add a adjustable fuel pressure regulator or AFPR to your shopping list, as well as a kit to install it)

Spend your money on the tuning software because thats what will get your car running and tuned like it should be. If you don't plan on running E85 those OEM Evo injectors/pump can be found for less than $100 for everything...

While your getting ready to do all this I suggest rewiring your stock fuel pump for the time being, use this write up to do it. GS-T FP Rewire But instead of running your 12v power wire from the battery attach it at the side of your alternator, you'll get a more consistant voltage to the pump doing it this way.

...and before you log off tonight update your profiles modification list so we know whats already been done to your car.

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back