The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel System Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iloveboost

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2014
Vacaville, California
I have a couple of questions regarding upgrading my fuel system on my 99 GST.

I am planning on going with a Walbro 450, FIC1120s, and AEM FPR.

Is is possible to have too big an injector? If I used a bigger injector, could I dial back? Can I make those 1120s act like the stock 450s for smog? Is it a case where big is always better just as long as the fuel pump can handle it? I am planning on running a flash for E85, Pump, a lower boost setup for my son, and one for CA smog. These will be coupled with an HTA68 and supporting mods. I understand how to select the right system components to make the most power, just not sure what happens when I try and dial it back. Any insight would help.

Also, do I need a high flow fuel rail for this system?

Thank you!

Walbro 450 is fine and def stick with brand FIC, go with a diff brand FPR. You will use about 6-700cc of inj and about 8-900cc on e85 hi boost. Aero 340lph would work will too. You don't need fuel rails hta68 is still small

Is is possible to have too big an injector? If I used a bigger injector, could I dial back? Can I make those 1120s act like the stock 450s for smog?

Essentially you can but it comes down to efficiency, in theory you want your injectors to be maxed out at full power(Peak power). Now if this were just a drag car its not really a big deal but on a street or daily car I wouldn't recommend it, if you had 1000CC injectors and were 90% of the time only using 20% of their duty cycle that's not exactly efficient. The best thing you can do is calculate the smallest injector for your build and run that. Here is a nice little calculator to help you do that;).

http://www.promracing.com/injector.php/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back