The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Fuel sending unit wiring for Full Blown dual fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottaboost

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Rochester Hills, Michigan
I've seearched for a while but I did not find my answers so sorry if I may have missed it.

I have the fuel pumps wired for the Full Blown dual pump hanger in my 2gb AWD.
The part that I'm hung up on is the wiring for the fuel level sending unit. From the sender I wired the white to the yellow (FB hanger) and the red and the black to the red and black wires of the hanger.

So where does the black, red and yellow of the FB hanger go to on the stock wiring harness of the car, so I can have my stock gauge and low fuel level light work?

I have the two yellow with black wires and the black ground on the vehicle side.

*When I ohm out the red and black I get 46ohms (~5 gallons of gas in tank) so the sending unit seems to be working.
*I also grounded out the yellow with black from the driver side sending unit to make sure the gauge on cluster to see if it moves up as a test.

Please help me out to make sure I connect these 3 wires up correctly so the gauge and low level light works.

I assume I'm missing something simple so if anyone can shed any light I would appreciate it. THANKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha.....I'm just about to do that. I'm not sure which color wires on the FB harness I have my sending unit, low level light going to, I just marked them on the outter FB harness. I'm pretty sure I got it figured out, I had my electrical FSM out looking at the schematic but I forget colors. I'll let you know how I make out.

BTW these are known to be POS I bought mine about 5 years ago, sense then I've not heard much good, but I always gotta try something my self to see what I think.

I did reseal where the wiring harness goes though the hanger, its suppose to be a bad leak point.

What did you do for the siphon?

OK I have it wired up and I took some pics to make it easier.

Now you should have switched your low fuel light sending unit and your fuel level sending unit onto your full blown hanger with one beige wire coming off the low fuel light unit and a red and blk wire coming off the fuel level sending unit. Now the FB hanger has 3 wires you need to connect your three wire off your sending units to, I just picked random colors and marked them with tape on the atmos side of the hanger.

So now you need to find the interior fuel pump harness wires that went to the sending units, these wires are yellow\w blue strip, yellow w\black stripe and black.

This is my harness I snipped off you can see the colors of the wires I'm referring to

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need to connect the yellow with blue strip to the beige wire coming off the low fuel light unit.(This should have 12v with key on as when fuel gets low it grounds out and causes the low fuel light to come on in the dash)

Connect the yellow with blk strip wire to the red wire coming off the fuel level sending unit.(This is the ecu signal wire, mine had 6.15v)

And lastly, connect the black wire to the black wire coming of fuel level sending unit

When you do get everything hooked up in takes a couple of mins for the fuel level in the dash to react to what the fuel level is in the tank. I though mine wasn't working as I was to impatience LOL.

hope this helps people down the road trying to wire up one of these full blown duel hangers as when I searched all I found was people asking about wiring with no replies.

NB4G63T you kept me from pulling my hair out! :thumb:

Looks like my 2gb has two yellow/black wires instad of the Y/Black and Y/Blue combo that you have.

All is good and now I can button up and put the seat back in.

Thanks for your help!!! :D

Sorry to chime in late.
Is this "Full Blown hanger" aftermarket? LOL.

I'm running dual wally 255s, and need some guidance on wiring it up in general. Power wires to the pumps and such. And a little help on some plumbing to get all the fuel into one line.

Full Blown double pumpet hanger. This one is for my 1g but you get the idea. And its a nice piece but $$. All you have to do on your stovk hanger is zipp tie the pumps on use a y fitting and Yatzee.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back