The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G fuel pump?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cartae11

Probationary Member
Oct 19, 2011
chetopa, Kansas
ok i have no fuel getting to the rail. i took the line off and tested the fuel pump by the conector on firewall and fuel pump kicks on but no fuel comes out the line. so then i took off the fuel filter and still no fuel but the pump kicks on. i have a 95 tsi by the way.

if it was me i would try and follow the fuel line from the tank to the fire wall see if you can find a kink. or try and blast some air throw the line with a air hose

yes there fuel in the tank i goin to pull the pump tonight to check the lines and the sock on the pump. my question now is if that is clear then is there a chance the pump just weak and not pulling any fuel even though it kickin on?

thanks

If the pump is running and no fuel is coming thru to the rail than you either have a clogged filter, clogged sock, missing o ring on pump, or something internal wrong with the pump.

ok i got new fuel pump and still not pumping fuel it kicks on but no fuel comes out. i took the pump out wired it hot and it pumps fuel. so not sure where to go with it now. checked all the lines still nothing when hooked to the car.

So it pumps fuel when you put power directly to it, but it doesn't when in the tank. Are you 100 percent sure that it is actually coming on? It only comes on when you are cranking the engine over so you likely won't hear it.

yes u can hear it and also i hooked it up to the fuel pump connetor on the firewall with no lines attatched and still no fuel comes out. but when u take it out of tank and hook it up to 12 v it pumps fuel out.

So you took the line loose at the bottom of the fuel filter and still no fuel? You would have to have a kinked line of something like that, or just not enough fuel in the tank for this to happen.

no i took the line off the fuel pump it self and it sounds like it working but no fuel comes out. i think maybe it losing voltage to the pump or something. thats the only thing i can think of. the pump works when u take it out and put it in a jug of gas and hook 12v up to it. When hooked to the car it doesnt push any fuel out but sounds like it working. got me was hoping someone had an answer.

Try to blow air thru the fuel lines. IF the pump pumps fuel out of the tank and the lines are clear than obviously the pump isn't kicking on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back