The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Fuel pump set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleGarage

Proven Member
Feb 19, 2017
Richardson, Texas
So Im wanting to get into the 600 - 700hp range. I'm in the process of setting up a full-blown dual fuel pump hanger in tank. I was wanting to go with the Walbro 255's but I didn't realize they are not e85 compatible. So I'm wondering if I should do dual Aeromotive 340's but I feel it would be overkill for my goal. Let me know what you guys think.

I don’t think overkill is an issue with 1g fuel pump setups. I believe Nate from Performance Partout runs the 340s on his 700hp setup. You could even run a single Walbro 535 to get you there.

I feel like overkill, e85 and stealth 340s are all kind of oxymorons in the same sentence.

If you need dual pumps, why not go with something nice anyway. The 340s are a great pump, and two will be quieter than one 255, as well as more reliable IMHO. Having more fuel headroom is not a bad thing as long as youre not over pressurized or overrunning your regulator.

I feel like overkill, e85 and stealth 340s are all kind of oxymorons in the same sentence.

If you need dual pumps, why not go with something nice anyway. The 340s are a great pump, and two will be quieter than one 255, as well as more reliable IMHO. Having more fuel headroom is not a bad thing as long as youre not over pressurized or overrunning your regulator.
Appreciate the feedback, Ill keep that in mind.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back