The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 1G Fuel pump sending unit wiring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SIC1Gb

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2012
Houston, Texas
Need a little help here guys.

Had a short in the wiring and it started a small fire while driving! It melted all the wiring on top of the sending unit and I need to put it back together. If someone could tell me what colors go where, from the connector on,
I have a yellow/green, black, black/white, and yellow.

On a side note, I have my battery in the back which made the rewire kit install easy. I have the power and ground hooked up, but the connector inside the tank for the Walbro 450 has much smaller gauge wires, I have noticed after running, where the big gauge wires are connected to the smaller wires, the smaller wires are pretty warm, I cant tell because they are inside the tank but I'd imagine that the small wires over time will get hot.

I never drive the car more than a few miles at a time. Is there something I'm modding here?

Solution
Ok figured it out for those that ran into this problem in the future, the wires go as follows:

Yellow/green is the low fuel light (inside the unit it's the very small wire)
Yellow is the sending unit
Black/white goes to your new relay to trigger the pump.
Black goes to the ground inside the sensing unit itself, mine was a very small white wire right below the fuel hat.
heres what i got, its not read to go obviously since i am still trying to figure out what wire goes where for the sending unit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 635
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 507
Also noticed the connector is wet with fuel on the inside . Would that cause an issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 252
Ok now where in the tank do these go? And power and ground still get hooked up even though I have the power and ground from the rewire kit?

Ok figured it out for those that ran into this problem in the future, the wires go as follows:

Yellow/green is the low fuel light (inside the unit it's the very small wire)
Yellow is the sending unit
Black/white goes to your new relay to trigger the pump.
Black goes to the ground inside the sensing unit itself, mine was a very small white wire right below the fuel hat.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back