The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Fuel pump seal; inside assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fayt

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm having trouble locating a part name or number, and any way to replace it. What I'm looking for is a black round rubber seal that wedges between the fuel pump and its hanger. It literally is like a cap on top of the fuel pump to keep it in place, upright in the hanger. Its about the size and color of an oreo :D It also is included in almost every fuel pump kit on ebay.

Example
Walbro Fuel Pump 255 LPH HP 95-99 Eclipse Talon DSM - eBay (item 310156594917 end time Dec-12-10 11:01:17 PST)

I'm not about to spend $90 to replace that seal though when my pump and everything else is fine.

I'm having trouble locating a part name or number, and any way to replace it. What I'm looking for is a black round rubber seal that wedges between the fuel pump and its hanger. It literally is like a cap on top of the fuel pump to keep it in place, upright in the hanger. Its about the size and color of an oreo :D It also is included in almost every fuel pump kit on ebay.

Example
Walbro Fuel Pump 255 LPH HP 95-99 Eclipse Talon DSM - eBay (item 310156594917 end time Dec-12-10 11:01:17 PST)

I'm not about to spend $90 to replace that seal though when my pump and everything else is fine.

Havee you checked any salvage yards? I recently replaced my fuel pump but had to cut one of the metal tubes because the threaded fitting was stripped out and couldn't get it loose with vice grips. So after I cut it I got the new assembly from a junk yard out of a dodge avenger. Had the same assembly but the pump was slightly different. I'd still say go check a yard when you get the chance. It's a cheaper way to make sure you get the right part. I also just checked the link you provided, that rubber piece is the same wether you get it from an eclipse, talon, avenger, or seabring. The only way I know of getting it is like you said, with a new pump, or from a salvage yard where you could even just pocket the part. Or you might not get charged since the part is so small. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back